Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Long And McQuade

The sound that this guitar produces is great! You can get almost any sound that you're looking for from jazz, hard rock, to punk rock, and anywhere in between, with 2 tone and 2 volume knobs it's hard not to get the sound your looking for, I'm currently using a Marshall practise amp (GM15DFX) with a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. The guitar has great tone and stays in tune forever, the only time I retune my guitar is when I replace the strings or when I practise with my band, just to make sure everyone else is in tune, I play mostly punk rock (not like good charlotte punk, but the real stuff) but the band I joined is all about the classic rock and this guitar gets the job done with flying colours.

The style of music I play is mostly punk rock but as I stated above the band I joined is all about the classic rock (AC/DC, Deep Purple, GN'R) and this guitar can handle it, I've been playing acoustic for about a year and a half and decided to buy an electric, I did my research about a good guitar that was in my price range, and it was between this or a Fender, the Epi Les Paul Custom was the choice for me. This guitar lived up to my expectations maybe even more! The playability, the looks oh my its all great! If it were stolen I would replace it hands down, I couldn't go a day with out it!

This guitar is built like a tank, it will last for a good portion of my life, feels solid but heavy, the strap button became loose after a while because I think the strap I use is very stiff, but thats nothing a handy screw driver cant fix, I have played gigs and I don't bring a back up cause I don't have one, but if I did, I still wouldn't bring it, this thing is totally reliable. The only problem I've had with this guitar is that the gold hardware is starting to rub off, and I can start to see spots of silver on the stop bar but besides that its awsome and totally reliable and will last a lifetime.

The guitar was perfect when I tried it at the store, I checked for and flaws and there was none to be found, I just adjusted the action a little when I got home, 'cause I like my action to be really low so its easy to play all around the fretboard but besides that it was perfect.

My Les Paul Custom was made in 2004 in Korea (like all Epis except the Elitist series). 22 frets, grover tuners, Epi designed pickups (though I'm gonna replace them with seymour duncans) etc. It's basically like every other Les Paul that Epiphone makes except it has gold hardware which makes it look that much better.