Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: http://www.guitarstrings.co.uk/

Three settings, rhythm, an un-named in-bewtween setting, and treble. Rhythm give a great sound with just enough bass to it, which is wierdly enough great for rhythm. Treble is my favourite, a truly great sound for solos and general play. A true rock guitar. I use a Marshall 40W valve-amp, and the DigiTech RP300A, together they create an unbelievable range of great sounds which I cannot produce with any other guitar. I really could carry on with this guitar forever.

This fits in very well with my kind of music, mainly rock but I vary alot aswell. All Oasis, Yellowcard, Guns N' Roses, Eric Clapton, Nirvana, Stereophonics and so on work great. I've been playing over 3 years, which isn't long in the guitar world, but I've come a very long way and I know that this was worth all 350, which is a good price for it. It ranges from around 315-450 depending on where ou look. If this guitar was for some reason to disappear, I would get it again, or if I could stretch to the Gibson version of it. I chose this over all other Epiphones, and a range other models. All in all, a great guitar which I recommend to all my mates.

I bought this guitar under the impression that the finish was very hard to sustain, but it has done brilliantly. I thumbled a CD case against it leaving 2 thick white scrathes on it, but later I noticed they just rubbed off and now you would never know they were there, which was a great relieve. Very long lasting. Some straps like to fall off which has cost me, as my last strap did and it fell on jack plug and the lead broke the jack-cover which only cost around 1.40 to replace. But now I have a more sterdy strap. I would take this to a gig without worry, but I always like to transport it in a hard case, not the sort of guitar I want damaged.

A low action which allows easy play-ablity and minimum duffing from strings. Low E string sometimes vibrate with heavy play whilst open. Easily adjustible bridge, and all. When no srings are attached the bridge is easily accidentally adjusted. Very able guitar, I never needed to adjust anything.

This guitar was made in late 2004 as far as I know, not sure where though. A nice set of 22 frets, the standard size frets really, it's just the perfect size for me, it bares great manoeverability along the thretboard. A lovely black finish which makes it a great looking guitar, whith a triple white ling of trimming along the edges of the body. The guitar had gold hardware for a spectacular look.