Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

I play many different music styles (punk, blues, alternative rock, classic rock, and even some metal (kinda). I needed a guitar with versatilitity. I use a Fender FM 212R amp and a RP200A DigiTech multi effects pedal. There is not too much buzz to it but sometimes it can get a little noisy. Its not so great for really fast music with high distortion. I would say that the pickups are okay but I might upgrade to some other Gibson pickups. On a Vox setting this guitar is awesome. On a delay kind of distorted for mabye some slash stuff it is awesome (probaly best for this guitar. The strings bend very easily (great for solos).

I play many different music styles (punk, blues, alternative rock, classic rock, and even some metal (kinda). It really matche well with punk, alternaive rock, and most classic rock. I've been playing for about three years now. I own a Squier Strat (sucks) Ovation acoustic, and a Yamaha classical. If it were stolen or lost I would probaly buy a Gibson either Les Paul or SG instead of another Epiphone because of the fact that Gibsons are higher quality.

This guitar will probaly last 5 more years, although I will probaly upgrade some of the accesories on it. The hardware will probaly last. The only thing that might not last is the tuning pegs. I don't really know if thestrap buttons were solid because I put a strap lock n it the first day I got it. It is definetley gig worthy. I will probaly have a backup through just because accidents happens.

The guitar is pretty well setup when I got it. I did have to do some adjusting to the neck pickup. The top is is ok. The bridge is good. The only flaw I saw when I got it was that the brige had pretty big dent on it, but that was because I got it at a place where people can pick it up and play it, and also the volume knob just fell of one day, but that was easy to fix.

Made in 2005, made in Korea, 22 frets, and I think the neck is rosewood (not sure). The body is a Les Paul body (not sure what wood). Bridge style is a standard (Gibson looking)neck. Active electronics (or that's what someone told me). 2 pickup volumes are given and two tone conrols.