Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Merchant City Music

Sounds amazing, suits pretty much any music style from '60s blues to '80s rock and modern day metal. The two Gibson designed humbuckers give the guitar a very delicate and blues style clean down and a shickingly overdriven tone. A must buy and for the sake of 400 quid it's a bargain, I mean obviousely theres a difference between the Gibson and Epiphone version but not a 1600 pound difference in my eyes. A must buy.

My overall impression of this guitar is fantastic, although it has a few down points it is still a legendary guitar and lives up to its name. I am more of a rhythm and blues player and it is great for some songs but not brilliant for others which is why I have a Squier Telecaster to which is a stunning guitar, 15 years old and still plays as if it were brand new and together they can play any kind of music style. A must buy if you don't own oneand you want an LP then the Custom is your best bet by far. Hope my review helps you all.

This guitar will most definitaley live up to its expectation it sounds great on stage but they are not that strong, unfortunately my sister managed to knock mine over onto carpet and the neck cracked, I found this quite unusual as I have seen people like Slash, Led Zeppelin, Zakk Wylde and Pete Townsend lauch there LP's across the stage and pick them up mid solo and carry on playing as if nothin ever happened. I found this unusual so I phoned Epiphone and the agreed and agreed to either repair or replace mine. They have agreed to send a replacement and it should come soon so there a great company and look after there customers well so thanks to Epiphone!

The guitar was pretty much set up properly and came from Glasgow and arrived in tune, the only down thing was the plastic guards etc. were not screwed in properly as if it had been built in a rush but nothing major. Easty to sort out yourself. The controls are really well designed as they are out of the way and I also find the bridge comfortable when playing palm muted pieces.

I bought this guitar this year, it has 22 frets, rosewood neck, plays like a dream, I have it in white looks amazing similar to that of justin hawkins plays only the cheaper version, has two Gibson designed humbuckers, all gold hardware, similar to the Les Paul Custom Plus only better looking. It has a 3-way pickup selector Switch.