Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

The sound on this is great, the sustain is amaazing, it feals like it will never end. It has such a rich les paul tone. The rhythm pickup has a great kinda chug noise for rock and the treble pickup is great for solos. The treble setting which I use the most has such great sound. There is nothing I can complain about sound wise.

This is a great guitar, I play a lot of modern and classic rock and it dose just fine. I play with a Marshall MG100DFX half cab and the sound it just great. I think if it were stolen or lost, I would just buy a standard, this is a great guitar but for 100 bucks more you dont get a whole lot. I would recommend this guitar if you have the extra money.

I would do pretty much anything with this guitar after I got some new strap buttons. The top strap always falls off, some locking ones would do the trick but I dont have the money at this time. Everything else seems like it will stand up to a lot of wear and tear.

This is the only area that I had a problem with, I did not buy the b stock and still it had flaws in the binding and one area in the finish, it annoys me to no end when I look at it. On the bridge there was an odd mark like someone had something on the fingers and touched it and it stayed there. Now I have a chinese factory workers finger print on my guitar. The pickups and things were set up nice however. Pretty much to my liking.

Lets see here, its got 22 frets with block inlays on a rosewood neck which look really nice, the gold Tune-O-Matic bridge, humbuckers and grover tuners look great on the wine red body. It has a bound body, neck and headstock which really sets it off. The inlay in the headstock is very nice. It has a mahogany body and a set mahogany neck. There are 2 volume and 2 tone controls as well as a 3-way switch. It included a cable thats about it. Overall it has just about everything a Gibson has except it was made in china.