Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Musicstop

I play alt/punk/rock and this guitar owns every single aspect of evreything I play. It could probably suit any style so don't judge it by just what I play. I'm using it with a wonderfull Marshall AVT150HX halfstack and all I can say is wow. These two work together to make one heck of a sound, I could not ask for better. Guitar is not noisey at all, so don't even worry about it. And a little more on the pickups. When you play on any channel with the bridge pickup, it sounds really rich and deep, yet not muddy at all, not even when I crank the bass on my amp! an the neck pickup gives you an extreamly bright, crisp & clear sound. This guitar can go from bluesy classical stuff to metal. A++ on the sound, I would give it 11/10 if I could, but it only lets you go to ten.

This guitar, my AVT150HX, and my style of music are a perfect match, there is no comparison. I have only been playing for about 4 years now, but don't get me wrong, I know my stuff! If this guitar was stolen I would cry, then buy another one. I love evreything about it, there is no cons at all, and my favorite feature about it has to be the two amazing pickups. I would compare it to a Gibson Les Paul Standard, pretty much the same sound, but a nice price difference. Pros: Amazing actions, Best pickups ever, Durable hardware and finish, Perfect setup, Controls for both pickups, too lazy to name more. Cons: 0, Nodda, Zip, nothing. Hope you found my review helpfull.

It's an Epiphone so what do you have to worry, anything that comes from Gibson is automaticly trustworthy. This guitar would easily stand live playing, even with the metal players that like to whip it around and wail on the strings. The hardware is very strong and durable, I don't expect I'll be changing it anytime soon. The strap buttons are extreamly solid, but you do need a good strap to do the job. I would and have gigged with this guitar, without a backup. And the finish, is it even possible to wear? I play a lot every single day and no rub, or even thinning so far, and it seems like it won't for a very long time.

The guitar was set up amazingly, the action was and still is amazing! Pickups were ajusted to perfection, the top was properly bookmatched & the bridge was routed perfectly. The guitar had no flaws when I bought it and still dosen't after one year of playing it! I have only taken it into to the shop once to get my neck ajusted because I got some buzzing in the higher frets, but this happens to evrey guitar so Who cares?

This beautiful guitar was made in 2004ish I'm pretty sure, no clue where its made. It has 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood neck, 24.75" scale length, neck set into a mahogany body with a maple top. Alpine White Ebony finish. Epi Les Paul body style with a gold Tune-O-Matic bridge. 4 controls are given; volume and tone for the bridge pickup, and volume and tone for the neck pickup. And a 3-way switch for the Gold '59 Gibson pickups (bridge, neck/bridge, neck). And non-locking tuners. No accsesories came with mine, but that varies from where you buy it.

Corle
    sabbath, get your ears checked, or play it through a good amp, like a Marshall Super Triple Lead or somthing. I agree with both punkerkid79 & gibsonlespaul44 . The real deal does make a difference.
    realic
    Mahoru wrote: Of course does, but there's a lil' difference: the Gibson LP Custom costs 3000 ? more than this one. ' If you can pay it, it will be the best deal, but not everyone can pay nearly 4000 ? for a guitar.
    u got them there...and what does better mean...sound id subjective to the listener...
    turbopunk2000
    This guitar is crazy-ass. I played a 1981 silverburst and it was pretty sick. Too bad i'm poor and can't afford anything good(i can't even afford a friggin les paul studio).
    Mahoru
    SystemFailure
    rather than all this arguin and stuff, out of either a Gibson LP Custom and an Epiphone LP Custom, What are the differences? Where is one better? Where is one weaker?