Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Guitar center

I play rock, blues, and metal mostly and it fits those very well. I can get a pretty good Black Sabbath tone on the neck pickup and for a metalica type sound the bridge works pretty well. I use this with a Vox AD100VT, a Dunlop Crybaby wah and sometimes a Zoom 505#2 nuli-effects. It is never noisy and I can almost always get the full sound I'm looking for. The only problem I have with it is the pickups. They're not bad but they're not great and I will soon be getting Gibson burstbucker pros for it. I like to try to play more stles of music then what I feel comppletely comfortable in, these include funk, jazz, and basically whatever I feel like trying and this guitar fits them all pretty well.

I have been playing about two years. I do not regret buying this at all, I'm very happy with it. If it were stolen I would definitely buy it again. My favorite feature is the neck, it is relly comfortable, has medium frets which are very good for me. I compared this to a Highway Strat hss and a Gibson Les Paul Vintage mahogany, I got this one because I liked the tone best and thought with some new pickups it would sound as solid if not more as a Gibson. I wish it had a whammy bar but like the look of it better without it so I'll probably get a whammy pedal. I highly reccomend getting this guitar.

This guitar will definitely be able to gig. The hardware will last but I expect the gold to eventually fade however It has not begun to fade yet. The strap buttons were ok but I replaced them with straplocks and I definitely would suggest this because Les Pauls are fairly heavy and will come off the strap if you move around. The finish has not worn at all yrt and seems pretty good.

The guitar was set up pretty well at the factory. The action was good and low and it was comfortable to play as soon as I got it home. The pickups were adjusted pretty good but I adjusted the pole pieces to get a better sound. There were no flaws in this guitar when I got it.

KaiNgeld
    I think epiphone guitars have a great relation between price and performance and if you want a real good guitar...just change the pickups . I never said that it's better than a Gibson then, but it's quite good and it doesn't even cost the half
    chomieMan59
    I bought a schecter a while back, but im startin to wish i had looked at this one. I like the all black finish. I started off playin les pauls, and this one is gorgeous.