Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: www.GAK.co.uk

This guitar really suits any type of playing that you want to do, I play any and every style and I find that it is really versatile for anything from blues to heavy metal. I'm currently using it through a Marshall MG100HDFX, and a Jim Dunlop MXR Dime Distortion and a Jim Dunlop Crybaby. When in clean, and in the neck pickup position, it makes the nicest rich, clean tone it sounds beautiful.

This guitar is really versatile and suits whatever style I feel like playing at the time, I play all styles. I've been playing for about 4 years now. I own a Marshall MG100HDFX, a MXR Dim Distortion a Jim Dunlop CryBaby and lots of different acoustics. If it was stolen or lost I might buy something with a floyd rose tremolo because I think I would prefer a tremolo arm and you can't have that because of it's fixed bridge, I love the colour and the sound. One thing, I wish it wasn't so heavy! Overall I love this guitar and it was a brilliant buy and I am very happy with my decision.

I've played quite a few gigs with this guitar and it handles them very well, I think that it will last a long time, it seems very durable, the strap buttons are perfect, I use Jim Dunlop strap locks just to save any embarrasing strap slips. I have used it at a few gigs without any backup guitar, I depend on it greatly and I trust that it will be a long time before It lets me down. The finish on the back is starting to wear off, due to my belt buckle and there's some scratchs on the top near the pickup selector from my plectrum.

When I bought it the action on it was terrible, I like my action low, so I dropped it as low as it could go, that wasn't difficult. The pickups were just fine I didn't need to change anything with them, I really like them and I wouldn't want to change them. There was no flaws in it at all when I purchased it.

I don't have a clue where it was made. It has 22 frets with a rosewood fretboard. It's a black laminated solid-top, with a fixed bridge and humbucker pickups. Two volume, two tone controls. With grover machineheads. I really like the machineheads they are really smooth. I find that the Humbuckers that came with it when I bought it are brilliant for pinch harmonics. Nothing came included with it when I bought it.

thrashing4god
    I played a Gibson Les Paul the other day, and man I was disapointed. It was cool, but way different than i thought. weird feel and I don't like the way it plays. But they are still cool looking.
    Abnormal_Omish
    From the review that scored the guitar 10
    When you play on any channel with the bridge pickup, it sounds really rich and deep, yet not muddy at all, not even when I crank the bass on my amp! an the neck pickup gives you an extreamly bright, crisp & clear sound.
    May be a typo.... or knows nothing about what hes on about
    I'm using it with a wonderfull Marshall AVT150HX halfstack and all I can say is wow. These two work together to make one heck of a sound, I could not ask for better. Guitar is not noisey at all, so don't even worry about it. And a little more on the pickups. When you play on any channel with the bridge pickup, it sounds really rich and deep, yet not muddy at all, not even when I crank the bass on my amp!
    Hmm ive got a few les pauls and gig with that amp. It is pretty shit and if he thinks that it sounds beautiful maybe hes wrong about this les paul too. Im not saying this guitar is a load of crap but it makes you wonder if these people are really giving honest reviews or bragging about their shiny new toys
    peever
    A solid black laminted top
    found that somewhere... made me laugh pretty hard
    avenged_lover06
    i have this, but with one difference emg actives 81 and 80 makes a hell of a diffence with the tone and distorted sounds even through a bad amp its great but its not the best just the best for its price if you find a gibson for the same price (apart from the seller being a sped ) you are a very lucky person
    OttovanZanten
    avenged_lover06, Those pickups rule don't they? XD I once tested the les paul zakk wylde, HOLY CRAP same pickups, sweeet.