Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Music Concept

Fantastic clean sound. I played it through an 100W Fender, sounded amazing clean and distorted (Boss DS-1 Distortion). However, at home, I play it through the Fender Frontman 15G, and well, every guitar sounds nearly the same on this absolutely shitty amp. I play rock, a bit of metal and quite a bit of Indie. I changed my stock pickups to Seymour Duncans as well ('59 for the neck and JB for the bridge). They're a bit too aggressive for Indie but absolutely perfect for any other kind of rock.

I like this guitar quite a lot, suits the type of music I like to play. I've been playing for a year, so not really a long time. This is my first electric guitar (so don't trust me too much). However, I've played other guitars and well, this one is good, especially compared to the Epi LP Standard. Great first or second guitar, that's for sure. After upgrading the electronics, this guitar is amazing.

Yes it's good for gigging. Reliable as f--k. Finish is awesome and should last for quite a bit, and even if the gold finish doesn't last, that's not really a big deal. This guitar will be with me for many years to come. I wish there was a way to preserve the finish because it seriously looks good.

Action was setup nicely but there's a bit of fret buzz, which I'm going to take care of soon. Pickups were shite, which is why I changed them for Seymour Duncans. No flaws with the guitar. Looks amazing. The guitar was set-up fine (as mentioned), the pickup height was nice and produced a really nice sound but still, when you can exchange them for a pair of Seymours, you do. No arguing with that.

Made in Korea, 2004. 22 frets. Alpine White. Tune-O-Matic bridge with active electronics. 2 volume and 2 tone knobs for the bridge and neck pickup, with a 3-way selector. Seems it's Grover tuners as well, good stuff. Got a gig bag, a cable and 4 free picks as extras.