Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Sound Control

I play plenty of glam and Indie and it suits the style exceptionally well. I'm currently using a Line 6 Spider III and the humbuckers sound great especially on the rock solo setting. without distortion the treble sound is a bit raunchy but the rhythm pickup is soft but rich and warm.

As I said this guitar is perfect my styles (Glam and Indie), I've only being playing 19 months and it's my second guitar, I'm so pleased that I bought it. I own all sorts of gear, a Strat, Marshall MG30DFX to name a few. If it was lost or stolen I would buy another, either that or an Epiphone SG (my next investment). My favourite feature is the humbuckers. I can't really compare it to anything because it's in a class of it's own. The only thing that I it had was a five way selector Switch but otherwise it's a 10/10.

The guitar will definitley withstand Live playing (I should know, I jump and down with it in my room all the time). The pickups and hardware will last a centruy. The finish is good and will last but brass pickup covers get tarnished easily. The strap buttons are secure but continuously taking the strap on and off it can become loose easily.

The guitar was perfectly setup in the factory at least I think it was (it was second hand when I had it). The pickups are all in line and the guitar was bookmatched properly and the bridge was routed porperly also. It doesn't contain any flaws except for a scratch on the underside of the cutaway.

I think it was made in 1998 and crafted in Korea but I'm prety sure that the parts were made in the U.S. 22 thin frets are a abit tricky for really technical playing especially if you want to get really high up the fret board. Laminated top unlike the real Gibson model. It a 100% official copy so all the specs are the same. Locking stop bar and tune-O-matic bridge. Obviously like every other Gibson/Epiphone it has a thre-way selector Switch. The Grover tuners keep the guitar in tune really well.

Change_In_Story
    Absolutely and undoubtedly the best guitar the world has have ever seen.I love the alpine white color.
    Shredder Guitar
    to the july 12th 2007 reviewer, thered be absolutely no point to a five way selector unless there was 3 pickups.
    rhcpfan118
    i have a black model i got used for 500 i think its a '92 model, not sure... anyway, AMAZING guitar for the money even new. it looks beautiful, i've gotten many compliments from it, and it's one of the best epiphones before you go into the elitist series. if you get a chance get one. i run mine through a fender 212 r amp and a boss od-3 distortion, dunlop wah, and electro-harmonix russian muff, it's a great sound. amazing action, nice clean fretboard. great buy. although some of my knobs are loose as well none have just all of a sudden popped off by themselves... i might switch all electronics to gibson items (toggle, pots, etc.) and if i don't do that at least i'll get a seymore duncan JB so i can come close to adam jones' (tool) sound. WONDERFUL GUITAR.
    rockfanatik00
    i got a 1972 gibson les paul recording and it sounds way to great for me downgrade to epiphone unless its a zakk wylde lp or if they would start makin epiphone jimmy page lp's
    Kirenjob
    Great sound.. Too heavy to hold.. And the way the Neck is connected to the body is really uncomfortable.
    rockonmetallica
    its a great guitar, it is heavy but u shud b able to get over that. I bought mine off eBay n had a couple of problems with it resulting in buzzing, but if i didnt have this (if i had bought it from a shop for full price) it would b 1 of the best guitars i have ever played. The tone on it is soooo nice and i think it is versatile, you can play stuff from thrash metal to swing (which i happen to do altho i play swing very reluctantly! )
    rockonmetallica
    marduke
    rockonmetallica wrote: and the reason the G string goes out is coz of the size of the scale: me and my friend each own an SG and a Les Paul and, for some reason, the scale of the guitar causes the G string to go out of tune quicker than the rest of the strings
    agreed, both my epi LP custom and Gibson SG 'g' strings go out of tune.. especially after afew string bends... but i love the epi LP moe than my gibson sg... especially since i upgraded the pickups to dimarzio air norton and d-sonic, sounds awesome i mustve got a good one, becuase i played the gibson equivalent through the same amp and loved the tone but for the price the epi was quite close (before my PU upgrade), and my epi plays just as good, hence why i didnt go for the gibson, purely bang for buck reasons. plus the fact the epi is quite abit lighter than the gibson variant. overall a great 'cheaper' guitar! the only thing i would recommend changing is the pickups and electronics (kind of let it down a bit)