Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: GAK.co.uk

this guitar is a spot on match for my needs (metal like Trivium and hard rock like Guns n Roses but I'm certain it could do blues and country if you're into that stuff).I've tried this through a friends Marshall MG100DFX and it sounds so sweet on clean it could charm birds from trees and with distortion make em explode! it's very bright on clean and with distortion it really crunches (in a good way). if I had to compare it to something I'd have to compare it to a Gibson Les Paul Studio or SG Special which for 300 quid is an absolute bargain.

I love this guitar, would never sell it or give it away and I treat it as if it was made of porcelain (although I still play hard). I've been playing about a year now and are starting to get speedier and better at playing and this guitar can handle it well. If it were stolen I'd beat the guy take his money and my guitar and buy another one to match. This is a top quality guitar for the price and I highly recommend it to anyone, if your short on your budget I'd say keep saving because believe me it's worth every penny.

I wouldn't go to a gig with a backup because this guitar is so well made and I have so much Faith in it. I think the hardware would fade with time but in my opinion that brings character to a guitar, but the guitars finish wouldn't chip or come off if you did a quick polish every now and again but everything is very solid and sturdy I've given it a knock on the headstock a few times an no chips or splits or any sight of damage.

The action was good, better than expected but the bridge pickup needed a little lowering. There were no flaws at all except a tiny pinhead indent on the back that I only noticed because it caught the light, but it was nothing to make a fuss over and all in all I was very happy with the setup.

My guitar was Brand New and made in January 2007 and was made in china. It has the Standard 22 frets full scale with sexy block mother of pearl inlays and the famous Gibson split Diamond on the head stock. The body is made of solid mahogany and so is the neck with a rose wood fingerboard and a carved top with a shiny ebony finish with cream binding on the body, neck and headstock. It has a tune-o-matic bridge with Epiphone USA made pickups that sound fantastic, 2 volume and control knobs with Grover tuners, all hard ware is gold. I didn't get anything with it except an allen key for the truss rod.

GuitarHero0715
    Atreyu154 wrote: Who comes into a les paul review to bitch about it being epiphone and that it isnt a ESP, Les Paul invented the electric guitar so while you praise the rest remember who layed the foundations and whether its epiphone or gibson is just a inset headstock and labour costs, As for my Custom best and only guitar i'll ever own or play. Thank you Les Paul.
    ur an idiot, les paul didnt make gibson, and gibson didnt even make the electric guitar, leo fender did, get your sh!t straight
    xXSlashXx
    i decided to wait to say anything about this guitar until i was over its shiny new splendor. ive had this for over 8 monthes (with the pretty alpine white finish) and i still love it. it has excellent tones and sounds good from anything from blues to metal.
    dointime024
    The epiphone les paul standards and up from there all sound pretty much exactly alike. I have played Gibsons and the only difference is the feel, the gibson neck feels better and the body has something a little diffeent to it. But the sound is almost right on with the epiphones.
    cerveza
    i agree with you i love Gibsons as well, but the les paul isn't the first electric guitar, it's the first solidbody guitar