Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Leading Edge Music

Sounds fantastic! Great sustain. I'm into playing guns n roses, led zep, ACDC, so it's my kind of guitar. I'm going to get active electronics put in but I have nothing to complain about the Standard. I'm putting it through a Roland microcube. it's just for bedroom use but still good. I've giged it with some Ashton 100 and 80 watts through a Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal and it sounded awesome! It's got a warm full sound on rhythm and a good strong lead sound on treble which I always use for soloing or lead work. good variety of sounds from clean to heaps of gain.

for my style of Gunners, ACDC, Led Zep it's perfect. I've been playing for 6 years and started teaching this year. I also just joined a bad with some mates. I used to have a Yamaha pacifica which was a good guitar which I had no problems with, but it was time to move up. If it were stolen I'd track down and kill whoever stole it and then maybe try to upgrade to a Gibson. But I would deffinately miss it. The white and gold looks fantastic on stage with all the lights. it leaves rival guitarists in envy. When I was buying it I was also considering a Les Paul Standard and an SG. but ther were some extra little flaws in those guitars and I wasn't willing to risk that, so I just paid the bit extra for a more reliable and better looking guitar.

This guitar is a tank. I've giged it and gone nuts and it stayed together fine. No loose knobs or Switch. when I got it I got straplocks put on. One of the locks didn't stay in that well but I got the hole filled in and redrilled and glued so it's fine now. I've knocked it a couple of times and there were no dints or scratches. I'd gig it without a backup, but I'm paranoid so I always carry spare strings and am tuning it every 5 mins.

the guitar was in great condition when I bought it. of course as with most Epiphones, there are some tiny finishing flaws but they are deffinately not noticable, only if your looking for them. The G-string seems to go out of tune quicker and with more difference than the others but it's not a problem. great action, easy to play.

My custom is in alpine white with gold hardware, it's a great combination and looks awesome on stage. 22 frets with pearl inlays on a rose wood fret board. It has two Standard Epiphone humbuckers. 3-way selector Switch: Treble, Rythm and midway. 2 volume and 2 tone knobs. Grover tuners. the G string seems to go out of tune quicker than the others but it's not a problem. Medium action, easy to play. Because I work at the place of purchace I got a deal of the guitar and hard case for 1000.

flying-v06
    i would rather pick a tokai love rock there like 400 and as good as a gibson i own one and people actually mistake the sound for a gibson
    phips
    which guitar is better? regardless of price... LP Custom or LP Ultra.. ?