Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

It definitely suits my styles, which are hard rock and metal. The les paul has an awesome distortion which is less crunchy than my SG but has a lot more tone which really brings out the distortion hard! I run mine through a microcube I'm currently looking for Marshall for gigs, instead having to borrow mates. Not noisy at all and the type of cable you use does make a difference so if Epiphone give you a cable with your guitar invest in a high quality one, it really does make a difference. It doesn't have the bright sound which you would find on a Strat, but you shouldn't expect that when buying a Les Paul on rhythm setting the tone is so full and rich it's just awesome. The Treble setting does have more definition but does lose some of the richness, so that's why I just have it on Rhythm all the time.

It is a perfect match for me I love it to bits, and so do the girls. It's one out of 8 and it definitely is the prettiest. I've beeen playin for 3 years and it would take too long to list wat else I have so check out the pics on mi profile. If it was stolen I would definitely get the same model but maybe in white because of Frank Iero. I love the contrast of the body colour and the hardware!

I think that this guitar will and has stood up to Live playing as long as you have a strong enough strap. The hardware has not tarnished yet and I have had it for 3 years, shows the quality. I would use it without a back up for sure.

The guitar was a sufficiently set up from the factory, but as I do with all my guitars I got it set up by my tech, now it plays low and very comfortably. The pickups were perfectly adjusted, no problems there. Everything was nice and shiny and superbly fitted.

This guitar has a 22 jumbo fret fat made out of Rosewood neck with pearl block inlays. My one is glossy black which really makes the gold hardware pop! The body is mahogany which means it isn't too heavy. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge which is easily adjusted and grover tuners which stays in tune very well. There are 2 volume and 2 tone knobs; one set for each gold, Alnico pickup and there is also a 3-way switch.