Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

The Les Paul Custom suits my style of play. I mostly play older rock, from late 60's early 70's. I also use it to play Johnny Cash. The guitar gives a real good tone, and stuff, by just tweaking it, using the rythum and treble knobs on the guitar. A flip of the selector switch, to rythum, gives you the nice warm feel of country, which lets you play a lot of Johnny Cash songs real well. While on the Treble you get the nice string sound that The Ventures made. The guitar lets you make a good variety of sound.

I like to play older rock, and Johnny Cash. This guitar does all I need plus more. When I hook up my CryBaby pedal and my Crate Flexwave15R amp, I am ready to jam. I have had the guitar for about a month now, and it is a great guitar. I have thrashed it, and it still stands up. I looked into other les pauls, and other epiphones, but I figured out threw reasoning, that this guitar was the best guitar I could get for my money. If it were stolen, I would go out and beat the SOB Who stole it from me, I would hate to have to buy another one. I love it there is nothing I would really change. I wish it had a third humbucker in the middle, but that is not needed, and I am extremly happy with what I got.

This guitar will stand Live playing, and there is no need for a backup. Unless you are playing like some super heavy metal. The hardware is good, heavy chromed hardware. The strap buttons are good, but that's the flaw with mine, the one up front it likes to unscrew sometimes. But nothing major. But rember mine is referbished. The finish is superb, and should last until I die.

My guitar came from the factory, as a referbished one, something about the wiring, and it had newer more expensive internals. It came with no blimishes or anything on it, and it was practicaly in tune, I just had to adjust it up or down a little. The humbuckers are great, and I have never had a problem. They pickup what needs to be picked up. The only problem I had is the strap button up front, wants to unloosen it's self and I have to tighten it, but I have been told by others who play guitar like I do, that it happens. I have found no flaws, and it's a great guitar.

The Les Paul Custom is a great guitar. Mine was made just last year. The neck is thin and you can wrap your hands around it. The frets are big trapazoid pearl inlays. I do know the neck is a maple neck, and the body I do not know what wood it is. The bridge is a chrome tune-o-matic, the finish is a transparent with a Vintage sunburst. The given controls are you treble volume, and rythum volume, treble level, and rythum level. It also gives you the Switch to use only one humbucker at a time (top is rythum, center is both, and bottom is treble) The pickups are humbucker, 57's style humbuckers. My guitar came with just a cable and needed tools.

LoveIsHell
    This guitar is good if your on a under 400 budget, and for that price it is good, if you have a decent amp and effects it will sound great. Though you've gotta remember that these are lesser versions of the Gibson models...just like Squires are lesser versions of Fender. Its up to you but i always say go to your local music shop and try one and out!
    Imafrog
    Which do you suggest....Epi Lp Custom Alpine White or the schecter c-1 classic, which is a lot more expensive and looks metaler or jazzier i can't decide?
    jakethesnakeLP
    Get the Epi LP custom. I guarantee there is better sustain, better looks, and overall, more value.