Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Soundcontrol

the original pickups which were Epiphone designed and had alnico magnets were great for blues (neck) and rock (bridge) but my main style of music is metal/trash to I replace them with em 81/85 set. I play through a Marshall mg series half stack and it sounds very crunchy and heavy which is great for metal. the original pickups were great and had a bright sound in the bridge position and a more rich sound in the neck position. They would be great for anyone that plays more classic rock like led zep, Bon Jovi etc.

Since fitting the new EMG's it sounds like a very early Metallica/Maiden/Slayer sound which is great for the music I play. I've been playing almost 3 years now and also own a Jackson KVX10 with seymour duncans which is by backup guitar and although it's brill, the les paul is just so much better. If this guitar were stolen I'd definitely get another.

In my band we've been gigging a lot and recording lately and the guitar with stands this very well. the hardware is still solid, no signs of losening, however I would put strap locks on asap as the Standard ones on the guitar don't hold. I always take a backup to a gig but know in my mind I wont need it. The finish on the guitar looks very durable and that it would last a long time.

Everything one the guitar was pretty much perfect when I got it nothing was broke or lose and the action was right. The pickups were well adjusted. However there is some bad paint work around where the body meets the neck. other than that it was spot on there was nothing lose or nothing where it shouldn't be.

The Epiphone Les Paul Custom started in 2003 and was hand crafted in china. It has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard, a mahogany body and set mahogany neck which gives extra sustain. The finish I got mine in is alpine white and it looks amazing. It has a volume and tone control to each pickup and grover tuners. with mine I got a gig bag aswell.

MCrmy777
    I buought this guitar about a month ago. Its way better than my other one. I have a Washburn W164 Idol. For this Epi, I paid like 650 bucks and it was worth it all. Good crunch and good clean. Alpine White. Fancy