Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: guitar cntr

I play everything. I put down hooks over my friends beats and I just like to jam to whatever song comes on the radio for hours. I prefer the beefy sound compared to a Strat. I have it through mostly Vox and Marshall amps and heads. The pickups are quiet but occasionally I get a constant buzz around some electric equipment, which my active pups in another don't produce. Overall the tone slices and there's great sustain, works well for whatever you want.

I been through many guitars, from Fenders, to Ibanez, to Agile, to Jackson, to Epiphones, to Deans, to PRS, and others. It plays very well, as far as playability it's great and it's feels like a Gibson however, it doesnt't sound nearly like a Gibson or look like a Gibson because they have much better quality woods and the finish would usually be no less than 100% perfect (assuming a new Gibson). I always liked the looks of the custom more than a Standard, probably the block inlays, which I believe are the only difference in epiphones standards and customs, because they sure as hell sound the same. So if price is an issues get a Standard. But overall this thing has beauty and with the Gibson 500T, and 490 it's a 6-string razor.

Thick as a brick. It's got gold hardware that I know wont last because it's obviously not solid gold so in about 2 months it will be a dull chrome, but that's ok because I plan to change it anyway. The strap buttons need replacing, but I usually do anyway. My finish is just white which I purposely got so I wouldn't obsess over wiping prints off all day.

I used to like the slimmer Ibanez necks, but now I'm used to the wider neck of a LP or SG or anthing similar. The frets were even much smoother than some of my Ibanezs. The action, bridge, etc etc, is all preference so blah. The finish is great however the cream binding does kinda standout as factory made on the body portion so an 8 instead of a 9.

Overall great setup, but the volume pots sucks as there is only on and off, no difference between the 2. The pickups are great for stock, but in my case new ones are needed to get those harmonics. It stay in tune well and all the pots roll nice and smooth, and still do actually. The finish was all white with cream binding, all mahogany, and it's new so made probably 2006 to now or so.