Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Dolphin Music

I Play all types of music from jazz to metal blitzes all the style. with distortion the note definition is awesome. I've played and heard a Gibson and there's no difference. I play this through a Vox AD30VT and on every setting this shines. as for hum there's non what so ever it plays great and sounds great too. As for variety of sounds this will take on anything.

Overall this is very impressive. perfect for all types of music easily. I also own a VOXAD30VT with the VFS2 Footswitch. I don't regret buying this one bit it's just right for larger hands. If this was stolen I would cry but I would by another one the second I knew it was stolen. What can't you love about it 100% awesome. I compared this to a Gibson Les Paul Standard an Epiphone G400 and an Ibanez RG. This just sounded the best.

This will withstand Live playing extremely well and I dropped it onece and there wasn't a scratch on the thing it's a tank for the hard rocker. the hardware will last as it wears nicely to a somewhat steve jones-esque wear it looks so much better when worn. The strap buttons had to be relaced for locking ones as these werent that strong. You don't need a backup with this I was playing for an hour Live and the tuning didn't move. the finish is moderatly thich and will last very well.

The action on mine was medium high but manageable it just takes ten minuites if less to adjust to this and all is forgiven. the pickups were set just right as was the intonation making harmonics rich and full. Top was bookmatched but this can't be seen as it is a solid colour. The finish was perfect with not a single flaw an all round brilliant build.

Mine was made in 2007 in japn I think. the on I purchased has the Standard 24.75inch scale length and has 22 frets. this came with the maple top and mahogany back and both are perfect with the 5ply binding. has the tune-o-matic stopbar and stud tailpiece. as with most les pauls it has the passive electronics.

dutch5367
    b
    dutch5367 wrote: I've had my Les Paul standard for two years now and it's never let me down yet. I owned a Gibson Les Paul Studio before and I like the Epi standard much better.
    but if I could afford a Gibson Les Paul classic or standard of course I would get one.
    mothola
    1010 wrote: dr460n_n1nj4 wrote: i purchased a roughed up ebony les paul custom from a friend. when i purchased it, it had tarnished and rusted gold hardware and pickups. when playing in alternative tunings such as drop d, the pick-ups wouldnt give the full tone and would cut in and out. nearly a year after getting the les paul is amassed all chrome hardware and a dimarizio d sonic pickup. i'vve been playing my les paul with the new setup for about 4 months not and i am amazed at the difference. while the chrome hardware only changes the aesthetics of the beast, the d sonic produces an amazing tone when combined withe sustain of the les paul. i've played gibson les paul standards, and they dont hold anything up to my remastered epi. for the price, its a great guitar, throw another $150 into it on a great pickup, and it will blow any other axe away. I don't know about anybody else here, but this worries me because one of the greatest things about gold is that it neither rusts or tarnishes. If the gold on this guitar is doing either than it means it is not real gold. Just thought I would point that out.
    thisismyacc
    jesus the strat
    Wow how many reviews?! I was thinking about getting this guitar or the epiphone les paul standard as a second guitar...My mum says she's not going to buy me the real deal just yet...so would anyone recommend it to a year old guitarist? thanks in advance
    blaze2thekings
    thisismyacc wrote: sabbath1313 wrote: After hearing all the great things about Les Pauls I finally decided to try one and I was very disappointed. In my opinion this guitar is one of the worst I have played. I will most likely never own any Les Pauls. no dont get discouraged epi les paul customs are a hit or a miss. Some a better then gibsons and some are worse then squires. You just have to try as many as possible finding the best one.
    Its like that with all guitars, and dont buy display guitars, break that shit in yourself
    GibsonPWNS
    Id like to make a comment hear but i think the name does it for me..... Anyway cheap or not you could still always throw in a set of burstbuckers or 60 reissue pickups and make these things sound like champs.... mind you its not gibson but for a lefty like myself we have to pay new price becuase its extremely hard to ind old and used in our style. But damn still it makes for a nice guitar if you put a bit of work in it. Specially on tubes. mmmmm tubes.....
    Roge23
    This Epiphone is good because of the price but a Gibson Les Paul Studio has better tone (in my opinion), although most people don't want to spend $1100 on a guitar
    pretanga
    hey guys. just wondering if the pick ups on the les paul custom can be replaced with normal picks like a seymour duncan jb or distortion at the bridge? im also wondering does the chrome cover on the picks always have to be covering the pick up even when you change the pick up.
    pretanga
    KenG
    pretanga wrote: hey guys just wondering can the pick ups on the les paul custom be replaced with a 'normal' pick up like a seymour duncan distortion or jb at the bridge? do they need specific dimensions etc is what im wondering. and also if you replace the pick up does it need the chrome cover to always be covering the pick up?
    The pickups are standard humbucking size so you can drop in any HB pickup. The chrome covers are just different construction form exposed bobbin styles. Either will be fine. Your choice.
    dutch5367
    Jimmyboba
    Atreyu154 wrote: Who comes into a les paul review to bitch about it being epiphone and that it isnt a ESP, Les Paul invented the electric guitar so while you praise the rest remember who layed the foundations and whether its epiphone or gibson is just a inset headstock and labour costs, As for my Custom best and only guitar i'll ever own or play. Thank you Les Paul.
    Um, Dude, ill think you'll find that Leo Fender invented the First Solid Bodied Electric Guitar. The Fender Esquire, a single pickup version of the Telecaster. THEN Gibson came out with the Les Paul
    hippie65
    My friend has this and it has the same pickups and sound as the Gibson. Only difference is the name on the headstock and price.