Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Dawson's

I haven't actually tried it on a decent amp yet since I haven't bought one. However, when I tested it on one of the rubbish amp my school has, the bottom three strings sound distorted when I strummed them hard, but it was actually smooth when I tried playing single notes. I still think it's a versatile guitar though I still have to test it on an amp. Fingers crossed.

Overall, if this guitar was a person, it'd be my best buddy. It's easy to play and barely got any problems. I've only been playing for half a year (I got this as a birthday/christmas present rolled into one, plus I figured it'd probably be the only guitar I'll ever buy). I bought this because one of the guys in My Chemical Romance has one, and it works like a dream. If it were lost/stolen, I wouldn't buy another one, though I'd probably very much regret losing it. I wish it had 24 frets, but anyhoo, it's still perfect!

I think my guitar could withstand anything. I've bumped it once or twice, and it's barely damaged. It seems like a pretty solid guitar, but I'd probably keep a backup guitar since I'm fairly cautious. The hardware is not solid gold, it's just gold plated and it only wears out at the place of action: the bridge, but it's barely noticeable.

My guitar was, technically speaking, second-hand. The first buyer returned it because the strap button at the neck fell off, hence the free gig bag and plectrums and spare buttons. There were a couple of small scratches, too. The strings were perfectly put and the bridge was perfect. I could easily play on all the frets easily since the trings are neither too high or too low. Other than the strap button, it was great!

I got my Epiphone Custom from a Dawson's branch in Basingstoke. They sell loads of instruments and their guitars are average, if not, decent enough to play. Mine has 22 frets, mahogany body and neck, gold hardware and two humbucker pickups with gold covers. Four controls: two volume and two tone. Rhythm & treble 3-way switch. Mine came with a gig bag, three plectrums and spare strap buttons.

hughh1000
    be careful with this guitar the hot alcino pickup sounds good on clean and distortion, but the other one is dull and dry. also on mine pinch harmonics are hard to do and so are natural harmonics, this is a lot of better on the hot solo pickup but still it isnt great. Mine came with a shocking buzz and a slippy tuning peg that wont allow itself to be fixed. hope this review was helpful. If you can't afford a les paul better than this, find one in store, make sure there are no hardware problems and then replace the pickups with duncans
    hooyahung
    i want to ask is there any method to check the place being made for the guitar
    Msu_Man04
    Owned an Epi LP Custom for over a year now, and I absolutely love her. I don't see any reason how a Gibson could be better, but then again, I've never played a Gibson LP