Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Well I play Mostly Death/thrash/ progressive metal. Who'd expect an Epiphone do do the job? Trust me, it does the job and it does it well. I use a Marshall MG 100DFX amplifier and a DigiTech Grunge pedal with this guitar. Cheap gear for brutal sound. It's not noisy if you know how to play the guitar! The guitar, when on distortion, sounds like a metal machine. It will easily compare to an even priced B.C. Rich or Ibanez. Looks like I got the bang for the buck with this guitar. This is a simple guitar, no whammy crap, no special edition whatever. It's a metal guitar and that's what I use it for. It does everything any other guitar can do.

I know, it would be kind of weird to see a guy playing Death or Necrophagist on a Les Paul, much less on an Epiphone les paul. But it does the job. I've been playing since my 13th birthday, so it's been 2 yrs. now. I have a Behringer racktuner, Marshall MG100DFX amplifier, DigiTech Grunge Pedal, and a Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal. I use Monster cables only, and I have a DiMarzio straplock (it's a strong one!) If it were lost or stolen, I'd probably end up buying a different guitar. I only have one, so it does get boring after 2 years. I love the looks and playability. I hate the crappy hardware. My favorite feature is the binding all around the guitar.I bought this guitar because I've been playing it at the store for nearly a year, and I really like it. I finally gathered the money to buy it, and I did. It was a great investment. It's my first guitar, and I'm never letting her go. I really wish this guitar had more reliable hardware!! and maybe EMGs. Other than that, this is a guitar I'll be holding onto forever.

This thing can take a beating. This guitar can stand a live performance, and it has withstood many live gigs I've done. The hardware to be honest, is crap. It rusted within the first 6 months I've had the guitar. NO, do NOT trust this guitar's strap buttons, get strap locks as soon as possible. I always have a backup guitar no matter what guitars I'm using, so I won't comment on that. However, if I didn't have a backup, I'd play this guitar for sure. The finish is absolutely outstanding. You can play this guitar while wearing a tuxedo, and It would look godly. Shiny black finish, gold hardware and bound all around? I think this is my kind of guitar.

Well, I bought this guitar from a local music shop. The action was perfect if you ask me. In my own opinion, I like the string height nice 'n low, for fast shredding and a more comfortable feel. The pickups are perfect. They were at the perfect height. The top is beautiful, no flaws, completely smooth. Bridge is routed professionally, yes. It's a well- built instrument. Like everything in life, this guitar has it's flaws. The hardware is rusted a bit, but it doesn't affect the sound. The nut is chipped, but I didn't do this.. It doesn't affect the sound of the guitar much. The pickup selector DOES make a bit noise, but that's alright. If it can play well, I like it.

My Epiphone Les Paul Custom was made in 2008, handcrafted in china and inspected in America. 22 jumbo frets, 24.75 in. Scale length. Rosewood fretboard with Mahogany body. The neck is perfect size, not fat, not thin. It's a solid top. I bought it with the black beauty finish. It's beautiful because of the shape and shiny finish. The curves are perfect. Tuno-O-matic bridge, passive electronics, one volume knob, and three tone knobs. Pick-up selector. When I bought it, the guitar came with two humbuckers, the tuners are locking grover tuners. I bought mine with a hardshell case.