Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: zzsounds

I play mostly Classic Rock, and Blues, but with the pickups in this thing, along with the coil-splitting, there's not a sound I couldn't find. Maybe in the past, it was automatic to rip out the pickups, but Epiphone have came a long way, basically same as big G! Quoted from Epiphone News - The ProBucker is Epiphone's version of Gibson's BurstBucker (which is Gibson's take on Gibson's much-hallowed PAF). The ProBucker is made with bobbins that have been manufactured to the BurstBucker's specs and with Elektrisola magnet wire (the same as that used by Gibson). The pole-piece slugs and screws are also to Gibson spec as is the nickel-silver alloy used in the covers. The magnets used are Alnico II and the coils are scatter wound like the originals but, in this instance, the windings have then been wax-potted. Like I said I don't know what are mine, but they are staying put. I can make it squeal like a pig, or get a beautiful creamy sound, and that's through my Fender Mustang I. When I go through my Focusrite Saffire 6, and into Guitar Rig Pro 4 in Sonar 8.5, look the hell out-limitless!

I got carried away earlier and already answered most of these questions, but here goes, the tone and sustain for days are my favorite, it actually sings! Could have had Straplock buttons, all real Les Pauls should, also upset that Epiphone doesn't advertise their advancements, I had to go looking, to make sure it was actually an Epiphone, and not the "real" thing! If stolen or lost, don't know if I'd get another one this good, but I'm hoping they are real close, lots of good reviews, that's for sure! So yes replaced ASAP. Sorry long winded, just never been so surprised by an instrument in my life, go get "one", but play many! Thanks.

Built like a brick, heavy as hell, hardware may varnish, but still get the job done. Would play this in any gig, venue, why not, that's what it's for! Always need a backup, if its mechanical, it can break! Yet to see about finish staying "Golden", but least of my concerns, I want my guitfiddle to look me, rough around the edges, but still gets it done, lol.

The only problems I had out of the box, was getting it out of the box, very well packaged! Action, intonation, pickup height, were all spot on. No Bridge adjustments, had to tune it up a little, and plug and play. I know I got really lucky with this one, I have been playing for close to 20 yrs. And this is the first buy-without playing first(nervous), but turned out to be the best of the bunch. I have a PRS Paul Allender, A Cort '97 SJ-10 elec/acoustic, both great guitars, but in all my years of playing, this one blows them out of the water, not even close. Just think I could have paid $3, 300.00 more for a "real" one, but I think I'll just keep this one, I'm not bashing, have had, and loved some Gibsons in my days, but never will I pay 6 times+, for a better finish, which there is nothing wrong with this one, hell I'm sure I could have it repainted, and buy 5 more guitars. OK done with banter, but what it comes down to, is go play as many as you can, as many brands, types, you'll know when ya find it, and if its a $3, 000 Gibson, then buy it, and enjoy!

My first LP, and its a beauty-Alpine White, gold hardware. 2010, made in China. 22 fret, 24 3/4 scale, Slim Taper, Rosewood fretboard. Mahogany carved top, back, and neck, no Maple cap. Hand to God, can see your reflection in the finish! Binding was flawless. 3-way Toggle Switch, Epiphone All-Metal, LockTone (TM) Tune-o-matic and stopbar. 16:1 sealed Grover tuners. They are supposed to come with AlnicoV magnet Alnico Classic in the neck, and Alnico Classic Plus in the bridge(slightly overwound). But mine came with Coil-Tapping (Coil-Splitting sounds more accurate), but anyway, a bonus, because I did not order it that way! So not real sure what pups are, and don't care, they sound unbelievable! 2 volume push/pull for Bridge and neck, as well as a tone control for each. Why me, I don't know, but I got an Epi. Leather case, and an amp cord.

Maddaxe111
    Ok, here we go again. "I have owned a Gibson LP standard" I now own a Epiphone LP Custom. The Gibson is a Great guitar. Still for the price you cannot go wrong with the Epiphone LP Custom. I love this guitar, and the tone suits me more then the Gibson. The best thing about the Epiphone is that when I gig I'm not freak'n out over something happening to my axe. With the Gibson I was always worried. I can buy 3 0r 4 Epiphone LP Customs for the price of one Gibson LP standard. Overall my main reason like I said was the tone of the Custom suited my taste more. Nuff Said.