Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Guitarguitar Edinburgh

I play in an alternative/heavy rock band and it's suits our style great and blends well with my lead guitarist Epiphone SG. The clean is surprisingly smooth ran through we Line 6 Spider IV 75 and even on some extremely cranked gain a D chord can still be heard clearly. Over all I listen to anything from Mark Ronson to The Cancer Bats. Buy it you won't regret it.

Great match for me I have been playing for about 3 years and 1 with my current band Backtrack you should check us out if you want a rough idea of what it sounds like this. If it was stolen I'd find the f--ker who took it because of Miss October and she's never let me down.

This guitar will withstand a f--king hurricane never mind a little stage wear although gold painted hardware does fade inevitably the strap buttons are great but I sling my guitar LOW meaning I have to install strap locks soon and the finish is solid. I think this guitar will do me for the next 2 years before I get bored.

Unfortunately Guitarguitar didn't care to tell me I was buying the floor model but I bought it none the less the factory set up or shop set up in this case was good but I have recently put my favorite Ernie Ball skinny top Heavy bottoms on it and adjusted the truss slightly. And now My Miss October guitar vynl is in the mail making its way towards me.

My one was made 2004 in china its got everything everyone else's has Gibson DESIGNED pickups but I think of them as Epiphone Alinico V pickups it's a mahogany body with a set mahogany neck with rose wood fretboard (Cringe) it has Grover tuners and with a little tweaking kept the guitar in tune for two days. Standard Tune-O-Matic bridge. Three way selector. Mine is Finished in alpine white with gold hardware and a black pick guard although I removed the pick guard just out of personal preference.

Papabear505
    graysquirrel38 wrote: Epi-LP $600-$700, Gib LP $3,500+, if you can honestly, and I mean Honestly justify paying that much more, when you can tweak the Epi, to sound just as good if not better than the Gib, then you probably drive a hummer, and wear a wife-beater.
    OR, you're a professional working musician. I was a heavy equipment mechanic for 15 years.. All Snap on, blue point, and a little bit of craftsman thrown in. 30 grand in tools at one point. Now I work on my car.. Stanley, Proto, and a few craftsman thrown in. I'm a profesional musician now... Part time. I Haven't made enough money playing music to pay for a true Gibson LP in a whole year.. so My Epiphone Les Paul does the job, and nobody at the Southside Saloon notices a thing. I'll spend soem extra money on gibson Pups, and electronics. the wood is all machined by robots now anyway, either in Memphis, or Nashville, or China, and the finishes today aren't what they were in 59 or 67... Grab an Epi, and ROCK ON!!! Quit trying to be the jones's... My $0.02
    Bmguy
    I have an epiphone SG custom, and although it has coil humbuckers instead of Gold I think it is a great guitar for somebody who will be playing multiple hours a day!
    kellyguy
    My son picked up one of these at a pawnshop and passed it on to me. I found out that some egghead had really messed up the wiring. Took it to a tech and for $50 got it all fixed up. Plugged it into my Fender amp and after a few minutes my wife came running downstairs to praise the tone. It definitely is a tone machine and I like the short scale.