Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Don't know

Well as everybody know that a Les Paul is a great blues guitar but I can manage to get a good metal sound with the Boss Metal Zone. Sounds great through my Marshall Vintage Modern 100W with the Marshall Cab gives a great 80's sound so that I'm pleased with. It's a rich/full sound defiantly it's bold and gives a hell of a lot of punch to it. Works well with metal and also punk if you can the right sound on the amp.

The music I play is varied I play from Metal to Punk to Pop everything. I can go from John Mayer to Iron Maiden with this bad boy. I've been playing for 6 years now and from all the other electric I've owned this beats them all. I had a Hamer XT before this and it sounded so cheap compared to this. For the price of 400 it's slamming. I don't really know how much my parents payed but hey it's still going good. My mate got one in 2006 and his sound great and all I've said is true this is a great guitar and they are still making them great now. So yeah go check it out store's have them set up on display anyway so go for it and try and used a good amp with it. They don't sound great in a cheap 10Watt.

I've don't multiple gigs with this guitar and it's great. It's well built so I think it can handle being on stage without a backup. My guitar has had a few bumps in it's time and probably been with my parents doing gigs for years so it's a pretty stable guitar. The hardware lasts defiantly everything is great but I need to change the strap buttons soon because they keep coming loose. I would recommend then bolt on strap locks there about 12 for gold so it's good for the money incase your guitar falls on stage. The finish is still great my White guitar hasn't turned darker or warned off so it's good. The Binding has gotten darker but it's still fine with no cracks.

The guitar I don't know if it was set up. But I've had to set it up like 4 times because my bridge is old and the part when you put the strings on are wobbly. The pick ups were a little off but there so simple to re-do and I think my dad likes one pickup slightly louder than the other. Not many flaws but I do get a lot of buzz of the strings but when you plug it in you can't really hear it.

I got this guitar past down to me so and I've checked the Serial number and found it it's from 1991 and made in Japan. - Pickups: 2 Humbuckers (Alnico Classic Humbucker, Alnico HOT Humbucker) - Scale: 24.75" - Nut Width: 1.68" - Frets: 22 - Neck: Set-Mahogany - Fingerboard: Rosewood - Inlay: Block - Binding: Body/Neck/Headstock - Body Material: Mahogany - Top: Mahogany - Hardware: Gold - Controls: 2 volume and 2 tone controls Solid guitar and I've been playing it for about 2 years now and the only thing that tarnishes is the Gold Hardware. I've had to change the Jack Input 2 times as well but hey it is from 1991 so it's good for 20 years but overall is a great guitar.

MaggaraMarine
    The tuners are great stock and never gave problems holding tuning before changing them.
    Then why did you change them?