Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom

I play Classic Rock, Neo-Classical Metal, Prog-Metal, Classic 80's Metal, Fushion, Thrash, Speed Metal and Blues. I use a Carvin X-100B (1986 model; 12ax7's, 6L6 tubes), DigiTech RP-1 and RP12 (To get the tones mentioned above), 2 VHT Valvulators II's, BBE Sonic Maximizers, two 32 band Eq's, Hush Noise Reduction Units, Monster Power Conditioners with cabinets containing Celestion "Green Backs". The guitar was made for more Classic Rock sounds, but I've done some modifications to give it a meaner John Sykes / Randy Rhoads / Gary Moore sound.

I've been playing 34 years, I own Gibsons, Fenders, Jacksons, Kramers, Ovations, Applause and Home Assembled guitars that are top notch too. If stolen I would buy another, but I plan to buy an Epiphone 3 humbuckered "Black Beauty" very soon. I removed the neck pickup to install the bridge pickup, so I reversed the bridge pickup in the neck position to reduce the mud and now I have a very powerful neck pick up to balance well with my DragonFire Gold covered Vintage Screamer which was rated at 16.9k ohms on my meter. I plan on replacing the tail piece and putting on a Schaller or Gibson tail piece that has fine tuners so I can do some minor tuning when needed.

The Finish is well applied, but some of the paint dried on a very small part of the binding... It's okay. This guitar is modified now to my tonal liking, so it's one of my main axes (I own 14 guitars), so it's going to gig with me for my Metal and Classic Rock gigs.

I had to lower the action at the bridge and at the truss rod, I raised up the pickups, everything was routed well and their were super super minor flaws (who cares) but they are only seen up close. The electronics were done well. I own a 1974 Gibson Les Paul Custom and this Epiphone projects better bass frequencies better.

My Les Paul Custom was made in China in 2007, it has 22 frets, Rosewood neck with a Mahogany body with Alnico pickups, tune-o-matic tailpiece, passive electronics, 2 volume, 2 tone knobs, 3 way selector switch, non locking Grover tuning keys and the case was included.