Les Paul Custom Midnight Limited Edition review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom Midnight Limited Edition

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

This guitar sounds amazing! The only thing since these pick ups are great for distortion, if you turn your gain up to high you will get feed back everytime you lift your hands from the guitar, but with saying this can be fixed by just turning the gain down a bit. It picks up you pick harmonics great. I currently use a Crate XT120 with guitar and it sounds rightious!

Well this guitar can handle any type of music, in my case rock-metal. I have been playing for about 2 and half years and this is my favorite guitar yet, nothing can beat it (although Fender Strats do come close). If someone stole this from me, I would cry in my room for days then go and try to find it because it is limited edition and it can not be bought from stores anymore, unless they haven't all been bought off. They don't call this guitar Limited Edition for no reason either. It plays pretty much like a Gibson and has great tone and versatile. You won't go wrong buying this if you can find one!

This guitar's middle name is reliable. I have played many gigs without a backup guitar with this here guitar. It is just an amazing guitar. The only thing you need to watch out for is if you sit down with the strap still on, dont get up to fast because the strap will come right off usaully. The finish of this guitar is beautiful, and will last.

When I got it is was a bit out of tune but theres nothing a good old tuner couldn't fix. For me the action was just fine and I'm sure once you break it in the action will get better. Also there was nothing wrong with it when I got it. Everything was perfect except for the tuning.

This is an awesome and beautiful guitar. It is midnight black with a white trim, and pearl inlays. Although it is an Epiphone, it plays and sounds like a Gibson, especially with the EMG 81 pickups. If you are into any type of music with distortion this a perfect guitar. Also this can be played with blues, or pretty much any kinda genre out there. It has 3-way selector, and 2 volume knobs, and 2 tone knobs. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge which barely ever goes out of tune on this baby! As some of you may know the pickups, which are EMG-81's are the same pickups Zakk Wylde (Ozzy Osbourne, Black Label Society), Kirk Hammett (Metallica), and Kerry King (Slayer) uses.

henza_x
    timi_hendrix
    henza_x wrote: epiphones are better the LTDs LTDs are just the bitch to the ESP as epiphones are the bitch to gibson, difference being gibson make the REAL les pauls and REAL SGs and everyone else copies
    LTDs are made of superior materials, have better build quality, and better pickup combinations than this guitar. Gibson fanboys for the looooose.
    High_o
    Jackson is owned by fender aren';t they?
    Gerard_grr
    ZeRaTuL HeLiOs
    GuitarManiac09
    ZeRaTuL HeLiOs wrote: [quote]AznInvazn666 wrote: If it sounds good and Fender Strats come close, wow they must suck, no offense, Strats suck, majorly.
    I play mostly metal and funk and the best guitar I had for either genres was a custom strat i had. I just used the fender noiseless pickups and used a seymour duncan pickup booster. If you cant get a good sound out of a fender start then its probally the player and not the guitar.[/quote] Seriously, hes right. The strat is in my opinion the most versatile guitar you can get. If you Just put the right pickups in and you can get any sound that your looking for practically. So obviously, the guitar isnt the problem.
    Gerard_grr wrote: I think the SG is better than Les Paul, but anyways they're too expensive, but they're great guitars and what i like about them is their weight they're not heavy like b.c rich or other guitars. I got a b.c rich and it's real uncomfortable you can't even headbang with it, but b.c rich has a great sound though.
    ummm, les pauls arent heavy like b.c. rich? I mean, the les paul is almost 10 solid pounds of mahogony, so what on earth does your B.C. Rich way?
    GuitarManiac09
    ZeRaTuL HeLiOs wrote: AznInvazn666 wrote: If it sounds good and Fender Strats come close, wow they must suck, no offense, Strats suck, majorly I play mostly metal and funk and the best guitar I had for either genres was a custom strat i had. I just used the fender noiseless pickups and used a seymour duncan pickup booster. If you cant get a good sound out of a fender start then its probally the player and not the guitar.
    -Thor-
    Alright, i've "touched" many epiphones, LTDs, ESPs, Ibanez's and Jacksons, Personally I play a lot of different kind of music and the strat is THE insrument to have for that kind of thing.... But whatever b/c one of you guys are just going to quote me and write something stupid about fender and how much of a retard i am.
    yeh,. i'm the bitch who would quote you and say how much of a retard you are, RETARD!!! fenders are the bitch of otha makes, so u can go and shove ur strat up ur arse and go and buy an epi or jackson or something that isn't fender. u fender junkie. RETARD
    -Thor-
    AND DON'T TOUCH GUITARS UNLESS THEY CONCENT, IT COULD BE CLASSED AS RAPE!!!
    TJK-frosterfreq
    you dumbass, epiphone is a part of gibson, they were bought out.
    Joel.
    In the past 2 days, I've been to three guitar stores and they all stocked this guitar. I'm getting it for $800 in a few days.
    KaiserX
    hmm, this guitar looks pretty awesome. to clear up the arguments in here, most offbrands like Gibson's epiphone and ESP's LTD are decent guitars, they're not crap. A lot of the price reduction is in the fact that you're not paying for is the Gibson/ESP name. I'm sure Gibson and ESP are great great guitars, but there should be no reason it should cost as much as it does if not for name. i do admit that assembly of the epiphones and LTDs are lower in standard but they usually come out just fine. Unless you really know your guitar, the intricacies of a Gibson/ESP wont be noticed. Otherwise, epiphone and LTDs are fine. and sheeesh, for the hardware they are offering now? EMGs? and for the LTD's case grover tuners and the earvana nut? its a really good buy. for people that dont have 800+ to spend on Gibsons and ESPs, go for these offbrands
    avenged_lover06
    i have one, but it isnt two 81's its a 81 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck sounds great , i wouldn't trade it for any fender, jackson, ibanez. ltd , esp in the world. and as a note of the fender gibson fight, fenders WERE good when squire bought them out, they became mediocore, did you know that the cheap ars3 fenders are made with plywood.
    ronan-the-great
    they have this in a shop beside me 849 euro which is 1117 dollars. would get altd no dealers in ireland
    rageagainst
    I have one of these, it's a truly good looking guitar and the EMGs rip your face off. The two 81s are a bit iffy, would have preffered an 85 aswell, but oh well. When your soloing, its just basically 'the perfect tone'. I hate not being able to get all the way up the neck though, as its a les paul :/ and the small frets are a bit annoying but its still fine to play. The EMGs feedback like **** sometimes too, so annoying.
    hardrockandrew
    I'm buying this guitar for $300 from my neighbor. Can someone tell me what they were originally sold for? Am I getting a good deal?
    Kurai-sama
    I lol'd at the "RAPER" line. My throat ain't feeling too good, so I'm coughing all over the place! Ah, that was hilarious. I'd love one of these. Looks awesome.
    Sputnik1
    yeah, i love this guitar, and it has been good to me, especially in the tone department, i can pull about any rock and metal group with it
    nt1440
    this epi looks great..i love these but why are there 2 81's? EMG's are amazing but i think u shud swap out the 81 in the neck and put in a 60 or the emg custom model
    p2fyre
    p.s. this has 2x81s.. and an 81 sounds like sh** in the neck. The LTD EC-400 has an 81 and a 60 = perfection. Plus it has an earvana compensated nut, grover tuners, etc..
    the spiker
    I like emg 85 on the neck, 81 for bridge. But that was on my friend's friggin K7. This guitar looks pretty good. I think being an Epiphone shouldn't matter, even though they are notorious for some really crappy guitars... but almost all companies have their Sh!t. Fender is a great company. I won't write how much of a retard you are ; You could make any guitar sound good witht he right pickups and possibly pedals/eeffects whatever flickers your flame.MY GRX20 sounds nice with the dimarzio shit in it. and it's a low end guitar. Back to this Epiphone. I wouldn't buy it. I'd rather save up for a Gibson Flying V and be the poser that I am.
    Kai-7
    xXbleed4meXx wrote: LTD and ESP are both TERRRRRIBBLE companies...if youre gonna get a guitar, it better be a real brand name ,
    i wonder- have you ever picked up a real ESP ? Please,If you've been playing for less than 5 years and know less than jack about guitars, don't boter commenting with subjective points.
    p2fyre
    I saw this and thought it was a bargain.. but for the same price you can get the LTD one (EC-400) I'd rather have the LTD than epiphone.
    ready4thebreak
    I want this thing so bad since the second I saw and read about it, but I dont want sell off all my guitars for it. THIS SUCKS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!
    sdmfmann
    I like ltd's but they are made of the same materials as epi's. The midnight is great for the price.
    Doomsayer16
    I agree with timi_hendrix. I've own/ed LTDs and Epiphones as well as Gibsons and sorry Gibson fans, the LTDs have all been nicer and better constructed. Epiphone is like Fenders Squier. They do pop out some quality pieces every now and then, but they are cheaply made and there for people like henza_x to buy because they are too hung up on brand names. To be honest I haven't been very impressed by any Gibson I've played. And I know this is off topic, but why do LTDs get a bad name? I mean they aren't as separate from ESP as other brands secondary lines. And many pros use them.
    xXbleed4meXx
    dertjoe
    esp's are amazing guitars, they do use better material than epi, and the same as gibson, i own a few Hs and Ms, and the H series is an original design and they sound amazing as long as u go 400 series
    Starcher*NZI*
    Alright, i've "touched" many epiphones, LTDs, ESPs, Ibanez's and Jacksons, Personally I play a lot of different kind of music and the strat is THE insrument to have for that kind of thing. But anyway aside from the JS ans SV Jem series Ibanez guitars SUCK. And all of you people who think that people play fender for the name are crazy. the reason they are a name brand is b/c they are one of the best, just like Gibson. Also the only reason some of you people play guitars like Jacksons is just b/c you think you are more hard-core than the rest of us. And you're not. you give someone a Strat, and a Dinky with the same amp and you could not make me believe that the Dinky sounds better, or plays better. But whatever b/c one of you guys are just going to quote me and write something stupid about fender and how much of a retard i am.
    AznInvazn666
    AznInvazn666
    st4r
    AznInvazn666 wrote: xXbleed4meXx wrote: LTD and ESP are both TERRRRRIBBLE companies...if youre gonna get a guitar, it better be a real brand name, not someone who makes a living ripping off another company. ESP makes better guitars then Fender, Ibanez, Washburn, Schecter, and all that stuff, the company that puts off a good battle is Jackson. You probrably don't like ESP's because you play classic rock, ESP's are NOT made for classic rock ie. Led, Pink Floyd, Jimi , The Who. It is made for metal and if you see the signatures, all of those people belong to metal/hard rock bands. So before you open your mouth just because ESP doesn't make guitars for all you Floyd lovers out there, shut up.
    ibanez> ltd. you think jacksons are good you should go cut yourself emo kid
    SharkZilla
    i think that those of you that say either of the epi's or ltd's suck prolly dont know Jack s*&! and have never even touched either of them
    st4r
    ive tocuhed several epis i own one too. i even played ltds their over rated. why do you think most good shredders use ibanez. i dont even shred and i still know most ltds suck.
    Starcher*NZI*
    Alright, i've "touched" many epiphones, LTDs, ESPs, Ibanez's and Jacksons, Personally I play a lot of different kind of music and the strat is THE insrument to have for that kind of thing. But anyway aside from the JS ans SV Jem series Ibanez guitars SUCK. And all of you people who think that people play fender for the name are crazy. the reason they are a name brand is b/c they are one of the best, just like Gibson. Also the only reason some of you people play guitars like Jacksons is just b/c you think you are more hard-core than the rest of us. And your not. you give someone a Strat, and a Dinky with the same anp and you could not make me believe that the Dinky sounds better, or plays better. But whatever b/c one of you guys are just going to quote me and write something stupid about fender and how much of a retard i am.
    charlie999
    ive had this guitar for about 2-3 weeks and it is amazing such a good guitar if u can find it apparently they have just come to australia so its pretty unique also as a side nots
    Gerard_grr : I think the SG is better than Les Paul, but anyways they're too expensive, but they're great guitars and what i like about them is their weight they're not heavy like b.c rich or other guitars. I got a b.c rich and it's real uncomfortable you can't even headbang with it, but b.c rich has a great sound though.
    i know y u cant head bang with a bc rich u could put ur eye out on it