Les Paul Custom Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom Plus

Purchased from: avenue

I play anything. The guitar was great out of the box, the bridge pickup was clear and the notes were well defined. The neck pickup was flabby and under-defined, but with an EQ change, there were tones to be had. I later changed to EMG active pickups to get more "bark" out of the guitar, this is a definite consideration for a serious player. You can make almost any sound out of the box, the pickups have enough power to handle lots of distortion, but they also have a great tone clean, they add a little "hair" to the notes.

This is the rock, blues and metal guitar for a player on a budjet. It is also a good choice for a pro who would rather spend their money on amps or studio time, rather than a nice looking Gibson. I would by another if this guitar were stolen, or I would just steal it back! Go out, try any guitar you think you want. Then try this guitar, the choice is clear!

This guitar is made for live use. Because there is so much wood and mass to it, there is very little damage that could occur. Mine has been dropped offstage numerous times and only has a tiny chip on the headstock. The strap buttons seen solid enough, I tape my straps anyway. I can't afford another Les Paul like guitar, so yeah, I gig without a backup.

Perfect! The action was perfect out of the box and the intonation has never needed any work. The pickups were a little low, but this was a very easy fix. The bookmatch on my guitar is okay. The finish on the other hand, made some of the gibsons in the store look dumb, it was that good. The rest of the guitar was simple, but flawless. Even the filler on the fretboard was harder to spot than expected, nice job!

slash_015
    Yeah Epiphone-Guitars are great. I have a classic sunburst (like this but with stronger colours) Buy it! You can't do anything false
    gemtextr
    omg im gunna start workin duble time so i can save up nd buy one asap lol
    stjimmy86
    ive always wondered whether or not epiphones were worth getting. ive heard good and bad reviews but this makes me think that this guitar looks like it'd be a good buy
    huygir
    I don't own an Epiphone yet (do own a Gibson or two) and was always warry of a company that seems to have made its rep by "borrowing" all the great designs from someone else... but hearing such glowing comments from musicians who actually use E. in real life makes me think I've been too harsh. Now I feel I need to try one myself; I will definitely consider Epiphone in the (probably not-too-distant) future.
    fenderguy90
    Epiphone is a great guitar I have a Epiphone Dr Acoustic really really nice sound but as well as Elecric wich i played at Guitar Center they really have a good tone so i would love to check this one out
    ZoxRoxMySox
    o man i love the epiphone les paul. i have a old and its soooo sweet. the only thing i dont like bout it is that it does not stay in tune
    strum bum
    great guitar, i bought it a month ago this thing rules buy it and save your money from a gibson