Les Paul Custom Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom Plus

This guitar is a great guitar ranging from classic rock, heavy metal to blues. With the humbucker picks up that were orrigianlly in it the sound is almost flawless in great sounding, chuncky, beefy sound. There are plenty of range you can pull out of this guitar it's not a great guitar to mess with. It's also a very good guitar to play long heavy guitar solos.

I'm in a "band" with a few friends were all into a blues/classic rock feal and the guitar matches the whole sound giving that strait up rock vibe. I use a DigiTech RP300A I can reach that pinch, that tone so high and so great it stuns people leaving them in a daze some for them to remember. This guitar can be compaired to any other guitar and this would tottaly beat it in any race. This Guitar has been one of my best buys yet with the slick and sleek look there no limits this guitar can bring.

This guitar is a legend of it's own it's basicailly one of the greatest guitar designs it's held up pretty good and looks like a million dollars. I take it out with me to go jam with my friends it holds up really nicely. The bodys finish hold up real good and gives it an even more of that classic guitar look.

As well as it it does with the features I didn't think that they did as great as it could of been put together. A few things I found that wasn't the greatest is the fretmarkers, insteed of it being the the regular markers it's a classier like smooky glass looking square. For some othere reson it falls apart, not as in falling apart but things start to get loose like the input when I pull the chord out it gets looser and looser it's nothing hard to fix just very annoying.

With the golden bridge and pick ups gives it a nice classical look. There are four volume/tone knobs (two for volume and two for tone) it also has a three way pick up toggle which I think is one of the best features of it. With the classic pickgard and a maple neck there's no turning back you will be pulled in from the greatness and most exelent guitar features.

WhoKilledNorma
    I own a Epiphone Les Paul Custom and it's great. The only problem with it is the gold hardware is starting to rust. I switch the stock pickups with a EMG 81 and a EMG 89 and it plays great.
    Kain_Doom01
    Epiphones are Beginner guitars, they have Zero tone, but if played through the correct gear, they can be sweet, however, a REAL Gibson Les Paul can be played through my b.C. Rich Practice amp and I'll sound professional XD I can't stand how good a Les Paul is x.x It's almost not fair
    High_o
    Bullsh*t...the amp makes most of the tone...a cheaper epi will sound better out of an expensive marshall than a Gibson will out of a shit amp
    bluesychris
    I was never really a Gibson/Epiphone player, i song my Gibson SG last week, Put the specs on it do sound lovely ..... Still prefer fenders tho lol
    guitr323
    I own an epi les paul custom and am pretty happy with it. The neck pick up gives a much nicer sound than the bridge, but that may just be the sound I prefer. All around its a great guitar, especially for the price.
    MrCoolPants
    I don't understand why people are saying "no don't buy this. Get a Gibson LP, it sounds way better." Well thank you I didn't know. Gibsons are in a totally different class. This doesnt mean this isnt a great guitar. I played my custom up against a gibson standard sg and my custom definitely had the better tone. Now of coarse it couldnt match the gibson lp standards but it overlaps the cheaper gibsons. If your getting an epiphone though, don't get the lower end stuff, that really is crap. Overall this is a great guitar that can compare with much more exspensive guitars, just not a gibson lp.