Les Paul Custom Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom Plus

Purchased from: sweelee

I play almost evrything except jazz fusion stuff.Using my Fender G-DEC pratice amp, so all kinds of effects in a box.I usually use some heavy gain+ some wah or resolver+reverb to get my fav GN'R/metallica sound n the treble pickups and on cleans I use some reverb at rhythm pickup 4 some good acoustic sounds. Overall it sounds pretty les paulish and harsh, yeah! I love the fat sound it makes, totally diff sound from my Strat, more crunch to the tone.

Good combinaton to my Strat. After 2 years of playing, this is a good buy besides my signature Stratocaster. I really wanna ask something, how'd to prevent the gold from tarnishing. Stolen, I'll buy a new one to replace it unless I have enough money 4 a real Gibson. In summary: great tone, awesome finish, too sexy, great buy. Thin gold plating, alittle heavy, are it's downsides, otherwise it would be perfect 4 a lincesed Les Paul copy.

So far so good, nothing has came loose or dropped out. The strap buttons are solid as a rock, the guitar sure able to withstand knocks. I would use this without no backup. The only bad thing is that the gold on the pickup covers are rather thin and will fade over time or after apply some metal polish, but makes it look cool and gives it some character.

Pretty well made, got the cream of the crop from the store, but a little paint spill round the neck but it's not so bad, but the flamed top was perfect wiith no blems. The tuners are good, so as the pickups, output jack(needed alittle tightening). The only prob was that the gold plating really needs to be taken care of, as the part of the bridge where the strings came in contact was already faded, but overall, well made, firm and solid, and sexy. Playablity is alright but not as slick as my Strat.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus, 2007 model, China made. Features 22 rosewood frets, pearl inlays, C-shaped neck and everything you want from a basic les paul. Full mahogany body, with a flamed maple top. Cherry sunburst one I bought, came with aa epi hard shellcase, Epi cable, and Epi leather strap.

KCW1229
    byljer
    KCW1229 wrote: is this better than the normal lp custom? whats the difference between the lpcustom and the lp custom PLus
    I don't know if it's better, but... The Les Paul Custom comes in Black and White. Meaning, you don't know what wood you'll find under the paint. The Custom plus has got "see through" paint with flamed maple top. They look more expencive and "well done". And for the one who had a silly comment about the Chinese edition of the guitar. Epiphone opened a new factory in China during 2002 because they wanted to have complete control over their own production. They wanted to get a higher quality. You don't get high quality when you let some shitty guitarfactory produce your guitar one day, and the next day they produce some other companies guitars. The workers will never learn how to properly produce each brand of guitar, so it was a wise move for Epi to open their own factory to ensure better quality. Why China? Well, it keeps the costs down, and that benefit the customers. Btw, I don't have a Epi Custom Plus, but I do have a Gibson LP Standard. I do have an Epi ES 335 on the other hand...made in China during March 2007. Very good guitar with an OK sound through my vintage Marshall 1987X. If you take your time while looking for an Epi you'll find a very good guitar. Just don't buy the cheapest ones...
    motaki
    Hi, I was hoping someone could enlighten me. I just purchased a 2001 mik custom cherry sunburst flame top via ebay. I was curious about the actual finish compared to the newer models. From the pictures it looked like the 2001 mik model looked more red and had less of that yellow/orange sun coming out as oppose to the newer models. My question's are: am i blind? were they just bad pictures? Do finishes eventually lose quality? Please help, I'm pretty anal and im upset I overlooked this. thank you in advanced.
    bobrey456
    sounds like a very good guitar, this will probably be one I will buy, I really love how it looks too!