Les Paul Custom Plus review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Custom Plus

Purchased from: Ebay

I don't really have a particular style and I play everything from acoustic and jazz to punk and metal, I know people say that stratocasters are the most versataile guitars but I personally don't like the single coil sound and I think that as long as you know how to use your tone dials, you can get any sound that a Fender can make and more out of a les paul, I'm using a Marshall JVCM by day and a Roland MicroCube by night with this guitar and with the Marshall it's brilliant, I'm going to be putting some new seymour duncans in next week and I'll upgrade the pots and caps whilst doing this so by next week, this will sound amazing.

I'm extremely impressed with this guitar, as I ordered the guitar off ebay and it was coming 300 cheaper than shop price, I was sceptical wether it was real, but after assessing the guitar, it's definitely real. I've often played on a friends Gibson Les Paul Standard from the 80's and there is honestly not that much difference between the two, the Gibson sounds better currently but once the new pickups are in they'll be identical. If this got stolen, I would find who took it, tear off his arm and beat him to death with the soggy end.

This guitar is solid, if I knocked this guitar of a desk, I'd check the desk first because I know the guitar would be fine, the hardware was built to last in my opinion and the strap buttons are fine, I'd still put straplocks on just to be safe, the finish is good enough to withstand a nuclear blast.

The guitar's intonation was perfect but I felt the action was slightly too high but that was easily changed with a screwdriver, the pickups were fine the way they came and the finish is flawless, there were no scrapes, bumps or errors on my guitar. The strings that came on it were terrible but I suppose I knew that was gonna be the case so I was ready with my Ernie Balls on christmas morning :)

Mine was made in 2008 in china, it's got 22 frets with a rosewood fingerboard, it's a carved alder top on top of a mahogany body, it has a Vintage sunburst flame maple top finish and it looks much nicer than most of the internet pictures. It has a tune-o-matic bridge and passive alnico pickups, there are separate volume and a tone controls for both pickups and a 3 way selector, it comes with grover locking tuners and they're brilliant, as it was a christmas present and it came off ebay I tried it out to make sure it was real, the last time it was tuned was the end of november then put in a case and wrapped up, on december 25th it was still perfectly in tune! You do get a cable in the box but its terrible and you'd be better off buying a half decent one from a music shop instead.