Les Paul Junior review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Junior

Purchased from: Sam Goody

This guitar suits some of my music styles (punk, emo) and it doesn't fit my other one (metal). For metal, I use my Schecter C-1 FR (which I've noticed that Synyster Gates from A7X plays). The P-90 doesn't really offer a wide variety of sounds but it sounds really cool withmy Washurn BD25R amp. The setings on it are bass: 10, middle: 4, treble: 7, and reverb: 8. I usually have the volume cranked all the way up and the tone between3 and 7.

This guitar pretty much fits the music that I usually play. I have been playing for 3 years. I am currently 13. I have 3 other guitars: a Schecter C1-FR; an Epiphone SG; and an Ibanez RG-570. If this was stolen or lost, I wouldn't get another one. And if I did, I would change alot about it. I would get Grover tuners like on my Schecter, I would replace the P-90 with an active EMG, and I would change the bridge to a string-thru (I am prety sure you can't but it would be cool if you could). The one thing I hate about this is the tuners. If there was 1 thing I wish it came with, it would probably be tougher strings. I sumultaneously snappedthe high E string and the B strig from playing too many solos with bunds, pulls, vibratos, and stuff like that.

I think that this guitar will withstand live playing. It would probably need a backup though (which is probably why Billy Joe has Jason White on 2nd guitar during every one of GD's live shows). The strap buttons aren't that solid. The strap fell off on me 6 times efore I replaced them with Straploks. It seems to be built pretty strongly. You could drop it quite a few times without it breaking.

The only bad things I have to say about this guitar is that the tuners don't stay in place for more than a few weeks, and that the bridge being set right in the middle of the body makes it hard to palm mute.

This was my first guitar and I don't really lke it that much. It has 1 P-90 pickup, 22 normal sized frets (probably medium), 2 knobs (1 tone, 1 volume), a wrap-around bridge (I think), and some really crappy tuners. I don't know where it was made. It has a rosewood fingerboard and a metallic black finish.