Les Paul Junior review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Junior

Purchased from: ebay

I play mostly punk and classic rock. It definately has that bluesy les paul sound for classic, and when driven through my friends Marshall, this thing is great for punk. Through my Fender Frontman, gets a good clean sound, but the amp is more responsible for how it sounds distorted. I've heard a lot of people ask me "why did you bought it, it only has one pickup?" Well, the tone control can make the pickup act like its in the neck position, at the bridge, and everywhere in between. Awesome sound for a 100 guitar.

Great match for punk and classic rock. If it were lost, I'd save up and get a Fat Strat or Gibson LP Junior. Overall, my only complaint is the tuning pegs. If you buy this guitar, replace them as soon as possible.

It would definately withstand live playing. But, I always use a backup, just in case. The strap buttons are not a problem, as long as the strap isn't really worn out, or it will slip right off. The finish seems to be pretty heavy duty, so it probably won't come off unless you take the pickguard off and play it for a few years.

I got it used, so it was kind of already set up. I did lower the action a little, just for personal preference. The pots were a little dusty at first, so I cleaned that out. Otherwise it's just the minor things that you get from buying an axe used (fret wear, scratched pickguard) the tuning pegs, on the other hand, don't really change the pitch of the srting at all if moved a small amount, so that makes accurate tuning difficult. I do plan on replacing them though.

It's a 2003 model with 22 medium jumbo frets, and a rosewood fingerboard. A single open coil humbucker, that could probably buck some more. A wrap around bridge, which doesn't need much adjusting. Platinum satin finish, not extremely glossy. 1 volume, 1 tone. The tuners are the worst part of the axe. Overall, not that much on the features, pretty simple.

Robert_Terry
    Dont get me wrong, for those after a 1st guitar this isnt a bad move at all. But i cant be the only one who loves Gibson LP juniors but A) can afford a gibson one B) wanted a better quality epiphone to bridge the gap, WITH A THRU NECK!!!
    AC/DC_ROCKS666
    This is a great guitar. Yea, the original Les Paul and the SG are better, but for $100 and only one pickup this guitar rocks!
    Punk182GD
    hey guys. how much is a les paul junior aus$ ???? and is it worth buying one ??? ive already got a epiphone les paul custom and its aweomse but i really like the look of the LP JR. what do u think ?
    stag313
    ya how good is the action cus on my special 2 special edition it is very good. and how heavy is it cus ive played normal les pauls and they are heavy even my special 2 is heavy
    jonas11
    ok, pal in the first review, billie joe uses a Gibsonles paul junior, thats 2,000 dollar guitar,that needs no back-up... and also jason white plays live in everyshow becasue the newer gd songs have more leads and backing rythms