Les Paul Junior review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Junior

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

This guitar has amazing sound and fits any style I play. I like to play punk, emo, funk and maybe metal. I use this guitar with a DigiTech Whammy pedal, DigiTech Grunge pedal, Rocktron Silver Dragon, and a CryBaby Slash Wah pedal. I use a Fender DSP 150W amp. The guitar works amazingly with this. The guitar is not noisy but the high is much more vibrant than the low, making any acoustic chords very screechy unless you lower the tone knob. The guitar can give you growling lows or screeching highs.

I play all kinds of music but the bridge humbucker gives an amazing sound for bluesish solos and more of a slash solo sound. I've been playing for 4 years now and I own a Schecter devil elite and a Squier Strat. If this guitar was stolen I would definitely buy another because it is a favorite of mine. I love this guitar for its cutting tone and its durability. I don't like the easy chip paint and the blank trust rod cover. I haven't really compared it but I thought about getting an Alinco II pickup and I wish it had a neck pick up also.

This guitar is amazing for live play but the tuning knobs could give you a problem. My strap button screws loosend a lot and one eventually ripped out. I would not use any guitar on a gig with out a backup. The finish is easy to chip but doesn't wear.

The factory set up on this guitar was terrible and I did not play this guitar at all until I had it set up for better strings (I use Dean Markely 14-56's) The pick ups and bridge were fine. One tuning knob is loose and skips when you tune down (G) other than that the guitar was fine out of box.

ericman93
    i bought this guitar in 1997, and let me say, ive never played a guitar so horrible! maybe its just me because im used to playing a Washburn Dime 332, but i hate this guitar. i kept untill now, but i just sold it to Daddy's Junky Music last month for $80.
    Darren5591
    Good beginners guitar for a good price, but if you want a CLOSE copy to the real thing check out the Epiphone les paul junior 1957 reissue. I wrote a quick review about it =)
    andrew1992
    untitled039
    andrew1992 wrote: some under you are f*cking gay THIS ISN'T A p-90 IT'S A REGULAR HUMBUCKER THEY NOT GONNA PUT A P-90 IN SUCH A CHEAP GUITAR WHAT THE HELL
    I think you can buy a P-90 version for the same price. I've seen them on a few websites
    Darren5591
    Partially incorrect, the earlier models of the junior were equipted with a single p-90. The newer ones have a single humbucker.
    untitled039
    BloodyNighmare wrote: is it possible to give the humbucker model a P-90?
    I think so but the hole where the pick up goes might be a bit too big for a P-90
    hippieking24
    honestly one of the best epiphone's i've ever played. it can't beat its gibson twin, but its still a great guitar. and for $100, beginners can now own a les paul too.
    Mannequin
    I took my humbucker out and put a real P-90 in it! and let me tell you it sound's so much better and now I just need to put better tuners on it...
    andrew1992
    dude's i buyed a les paul jr 57 reissue damn that thing plays so cool:d i like the sound from the p-100 pickup so damn cool =)