Les Paul Junior review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Epiphone: Les Paul Junior

Purchased from: From a Friend

The sound is decent, on the right amp. If I use it on my Rogue, I can't even play, the damn thing just gives feed back the whole time. I have to mute the strings constantly to just help a little bit, but it still feeds back. It sounds decent on my Epiphone amp that I have, but for some reason the 6th E string is really quiet compared to the rest.

Overall, this guitar isnt worth the $90 that they sell it for. I think that you should just save up your money and get something a little better. Sure this guitar would be great for beginners or people that arnt sure if they want to commit to the practicing everyday and just want to try playing guitar, then all I have to say is go ahead and get it, but, if your serious about your playing, like myself, don't buy it. I only bought it because as much as I like playing guitars, I like collecting them too. If this guitar was stolen from me I wouldn't be too upset. I might replace it with another one, but I would probably just buy something else. Well, I tried to be fair, but there's no hiding the truth. It's better to be informed of a guitars flaws then falsely led to wasting your money and time.

I can't tell you if it stands up to a Live show, I haven't used it at a show. I'm not sure if I will or not. It's way to risky, I don't want to deafen the audience with constant feedback. The straps are pretty solid, I've done a few jumps with it at band practice, nothing to special though. Like I said above, the paint job seems good. Epiphones paint jobs seem to last a good while. My other Epiphone(which pretty much has the same paint job) has held up with tons of sweat, so I assume this one will too.

Well here is were the guitar is on my good side I would guess. If you just look at it, it looks like it would be great. Everything seems to fit and line up right. I think they did a great job and putting it together, but you can't blame essembly lines for crappy guitars. Like my other Epiphone, the paint job has really be holding up. It doesn't have any scratchs or flakes, it has finger prints on it, but those wipe away.

I'm going to try and stay positive about this guitar, while still informing you of it's serious down-falls. Of course it has it's pluses and serious minuses, but hey, what can you do. It was made in China and I'm not sure what year. It has a Les Paul flat top body. The bridge on it is very wierd, I've never seen one like it, it's a real pain to change strings on it. I'll try to explain what I'm talking about here. You have to put the string through going from the neck to the but, then pull the string back over the bridge to the tuning pegs. it's a really hassel because the *ONLY* pick-up is right next to the bridge. Yes, that's right, there's just a single humbucker on this guitar. The tuning keys have got what just about every Epiphone has, really sticky or really loose. It has a hard time holding it's tune as well. Mainly it's the A string that goes in and out.