Les Paul Junior review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Junior

Purchased from: musician's friend

It fits my style ok, I'm a classsic rocker. I can't get much out of it on Drive channels, but I'll put that one to my amp that it came with. I have tried it with my friend's Fender amp and Deathmetal distortion pedal, and it sounds great. The sound is fairly decent while picking and playing power chords, but if you play normal chords on Drive it can get a little messy.

This is an alright fit for classic rock, but I believe it would be better for blues. This was my first guitar, and I have only purchased other small items like tuners and polish. It was recomended to me by a friend Who had been playing a long time and it is an excellent choice for a beginner on a limited budget. If I were to start all over, this would be my first guitar of choice. It is a simple, easy to handle guitar for a beginner, and has a good enough range to play almost any style of music for a novice. It beats out other slightly more expensive guitars, like the Lyon a guy I play with has.

This guitar is tough. It has taken some nasty falls from my little brothers and it held up fine. I don't have to worry about this breaking on me. My only complaint is the strap buttons. The strap constantly fell off(which contributed to the falls my guitar took)but I purchased a strap-lok from dunlap (great quality) and it is all good.

The guitar was flawless when it arrived. The pickups were in place, it was already stringed, and it had a perfect finish. It wasn't tuned, but I don't know if that is Standard. I looked it over again and again, but I couldn't find any flaws. The action is a wee bit tight on the E, and that can cause "buzzing" if you pick it too hard, but that problem is avoidable.

This was an '06 or '07 model, made in China. It has 22 frets, and a laminated finish all over. The finish gets dirty, but comes clean nice with a good polish. It has a classic les paul body and a single humbucker with passive electronics. The tuners don't lock, but it holds nicely anyway. The included gig bag doesn't fit, which is stupid, but it also comes with a 10w Epiphone amp, strap, and pitch pipe.

emokiller1
    its not really that bad. i own one and the only thing bad I can say about it is that the pickup is kinda muddy and has little sustain. other than that, this guitar would be a great backup guitar for someone who wasn't rich and spoiled.
    sk8rdude181
    i bought this guitar when i was on a trip because i rele liked the looks of it. my old wal mart starter guitar is better than this. this guitar only counts for half a guitar in my mind because past the 12th fret it is unplayable. the action at the 16 fret is 1 inch high!!!!! it is ok for stuff like green day and fall out boy but thats about it. its not very good for blues and it just doesnt cut through the drums on for your leads. i think i am going tto trade it in when i get my damien fr.
    Korzack
    Looks like they just churned this out to cash in on the Gibson Billie Jo sig. (and surely that one's just a cheap excuse to make more money out of a cheap-arse guitar than they do out of as standard?). Was half-way interested in having a look at one of these, but I guess i'll stick without, thanks.