Les Paul Junior review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Junior

If you play classic rock or metal, then this is the axe for you. I play it through a 1996 American made, Peavey Studio Pro 112, along with a DigiTech RP50 effects processor. By adjusting the tone knob, you can get a wide variety of tones. If you use distortion, and have the knobs up all the way, it can get very noisy, and will produce some serious feedback.

I play a mixture of classic rock, blues, and '80s hair metal and this guitar can do it all. I do wish that Epiphone would either relocate their factory, or do a better job teaching their employees how to build and set up guitars properly. It wouldn't hust to have Grover tuners put on these, because the ones that come stock with this really suck. Raise the price a little if you have to, but do some modifications on this model and you'll have a guitar that'll be a top seller in no time.

At first, I wouldn't take this to a gig, buit now after modifying it, I have used it at several shows and it really kicks ass. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it, and have even had a few offers to sell it, but, no way, I'm keeping it. Now, I can say that I can depend on it, and wouldn't need abackup at all. I'm a huge Leslie West fan, and this captures his tone right down to the T!

The chinese do not know how to set up guitars properly. I ended up doing a lot of mods on this guitar. First, I put in a Duncan detonator pup, then I installed some Grover tuners. Lastly, I took off the wraparound tailpiece, and put on a bad ass bridge with individual bridge saddles. Now, it plays and sounds like a monster. It cost me around $100.00 to do these mods, but it was worth it.

I'm assuming that mine was made around 2003-04.It has the Silver finish, along with a set of really cheap tuners, stock humbucker, and wrap around tailpiece bridge. It's made out of mahoghany, and has a single cutaway style, along with passive electronics, which consist of, one volume, and one tone knob. The frets on this are very thin.