Les Paul Junior review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Junior

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I'm a metalhead and I gotta tell you: This guitar can do it all. I'm currently running it through either Amplitube 3 (with Amplitube Fender) or my beloved Behringer V-Tone GM108. It actually solves the buzzing problem in my amp that my old Silvertone Revolver couldn't! I also play some smooth blues, and the guitar also suits the tone I need. It can go from classic rock all the way to pure death metal, if you know what to do.

I play heavy metal, blues-rock, and punk, and this guitar can do it all. I've been playing since 2007 and I have to admit, this is one of the best guitars I've ever owned. I wish I had bought the cherry version of it, but there was only an ebony version available at the time. If it were stolen, I'd buy another Junior, because it will rock you like a hurricane.

It will survive anything I throw at it. I accidentally dropped it at Guitar Club and there wasn't even a scratch on the finish. The hardware hasn't failed me yet, and I doubt it will in the near future. The strap buttons are actually better than a strap lock. I have never lost my guitar because of the strap. It stays in place. I'd probably bring a Fender Stratocaster along with it to a gig, mainly because the Junior only has one pickup, whilst the Strat has 3. The finish is basically BULLETPROOF. I haven't seen any scratches or anything.

The action was almost perfect, though the low E buzzed for a few minutes. If the pickup could act like 2 pickups at once, it's definitely set up right, which it was. The bridge can get loose if you remove all of the strings, but you'll get used to it eventually. The only problem I had with this beauty was that the A string tuning peg got really loose. It still works, however.

My Les Paul Jr. was probably made in 2009, considering I could smell the oh-so-tempting "new finish smell". It was probably manufactured in one of Epiphone's Chinese factories. It has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard, which is glued to a sturdy rock maple neck. The neck is bolted to a mahogany body with a satin ebony (I wanted cherry!) finish. The strings go into a wrap-around Tune-O-Matic bridge. There are only 2 knobs: 1 volume, and 1 tone. The lone 700t humbucker is situated in the bridge position. I'm pretty sure the tuners were made by Grover, if not Epiphone.

3HitKO
    09phillt wrote: Does anybody know if this guitar is quite light weight or heavy
    It's kinda light.
    jazar94
    my guitar looks exactly like the picture and fits the descriptions, but instead of Epiphone Les Paul Junior it just says Epiphone Junior.. is this the same guitar? i got it as a gift from my moms friend, so idk, but it was good for learning to play on