Les Paul Junior review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Junior

Purchased from: E-Bay

The L.P.jr. is a good sounding, well balanced, solid guitar with crap tuners. I use a Vox multi-effect practice amp, a Fender 15G and just for kicks a Johnson 30w Acoustic amp. The Vox gives a bunch of effect sounds, all sound good, the Fender with the Drive button in gives a nice Rock sound, and cleaned up it is at home with modern Christian. It is a Keep It Simple kind of guitar with good sound.

I play Rock(the old man type), Jazz, Blues and some newer Christian. The Jr.works just fine, sounds clear and at a price that you could start a Who cover band. I go for numbers rather than Quality(PRICE)I have the 2 Epi.L.P.'s,and an Epi. AJ200, got used on E-bay, a pair of Squires, a Strat and a Tele, a Jay Turser semi-hollow body and a Vintage Framus hollow body w/a single pick-up and just a volume control. If lost or stolen I would only buy another if I could get it for $32.90 again.there are too many other guitars out there that I haven't played yet. For what it cost me I even love the crappy tuners.I will look for some snob who is changing out the Grovers on a L.P.standard and snag them for a couple bucks and fix the only real fault with Junior.

Sure any guitar will stand live play, I am very careful with my guitars. Live I use an Epiphone L.P. standard, so this guitar is my back-up.the only reason I can think of to play without a back-up is that I only owned 1 guitar, like not bringing an extra set of strings along. I wouldn't start out with this guitar by choice, the tuners, but I would finish a set with it.

Again it was used, set up by a bass player when I got it, I set it for myself, but it is still not as low as I would like, but I got some buzz on the A and D strings, so I left it up and put new nickle strings on, touched the end of the frets. The finish, from the factory was good, a thick coat, no grain showing, a scratch or two on the neck, that I touched up.

Made in 2009ish, in Korea. Standard L.P. neck with Rose wood fret board.it was used and still the frets were sharp on the ends, a touch with a little 400 grit while I was re-stringing took care of that. Mahogany was used for the body and neck, and a black and Orange paint job finishes the guitar. It would be right at home at a Harley run, with the black/orange colors, I think Epiphone calls it sun burst. LP single cut body, Tune-o-matic bridge, 1 vol., 1tone, single pick-up stock from Epiphone. p.o.s.tuners, no name on them, I'm sure the guy who made these won't want to take credit for them.I know its a cheap guitar, but how much would it add to the price to use a tuner that holds. Strap buttons are SOLID, came in a super Parker gig-bag.

moonman1225
    got some grovers,new takeoffs from a LP for $20bucks,just had to drill out the head to fit grovers diameter.now its a cheap guitar that holds tune,and i have $52.90 in it.