Les Paul Junior review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Junior

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

The music I like to play is rock n roll ( ACDC, GNR) and metal (sabbath, metallica) This guitar sounds perfect for it! It can get a good heavy sound for the sabbath, but if needed it can get a soft clean sound for some GNR stuff. I run this guitar through a Traynor Studio Mate 10 and sometimes a Marshall MG 10 watt.

As I said I play metal and rock and this guitar suits it perfectly. I personally do not have any other guitars but compared to my brothers squire Strat and my friends Peavey this guitar beats both by a long shot. If it were lost or stolen I would probably buy this again if I could find it anywhere. One thing I wish it had were instead of one stock humbucker it had two Seymour duncans but I guess if it had that it would be just a normal Les Paul huh? Anyway this is a sick guitar and love it to bits. I nicknamed it shar it honor of the girl I love "sharla" haha anyway like I said great guitar and I for sure recommend it to anyone thinking of buying it :).

This guitar would withstand live playing. The hardware seems to be pretty good and I have not had any problems with it. The strap buttons kind of suck. I taped my strap in a way so it wont fall off cuz it did keep falling off. At a gig I think I probably be able to use this guitar without a back up. Since the strap has fallen off many times I've dropped the guitar lots of times and it only has a few minor scratches. Pretty good finish if you ask me.

The guitar wasn't set up terribly but not great. The tuners were crap and cane out of tune super easy so I got those swapped out. Other than that though there really wasn't any other flaws. It's a pretty well-built guitar :)

This guitar was made in about 2002. It has 22 frets and a black ebony finish. It has ONE stock Epiphone humbucking pickup. It has a normal Les Paul body. I'm not sure what the fretboard is made of but it has Dot inlays. It has one tone knob and one volume knob. The tuners are just stock Epiphone tuners.