Les Paul Junior review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Junior

Price paid: A$ 140

Purchased from: Sky Music

Most of the time I play punk (especially Green Day!), so this guitar fits into the genre well. I use it with a Kustom Dart 10 (amp), and I also use the DigiTech Hot Head Distortion pedal with the Marshall VT-1 Vibratrem (tremolo obviously!) Playing it through the cleam channel with both knobs up all the way to 10, with my amp's volume on 3/8, its very loud, but put turn on the HOT Head, and its a lot quieter. When I use this with the distortion on, that very annoying buzzing you can hear is very quiet.

I have been playing guitar since I was 10 (been playing for 4 years now), and my other guitars were pretty bad compared to this one. The guitar is normally $300, but I got it (with new strings, and polished) for $140, so I'm very happy. If this guitar were stolen or lost, I would buy a new one straight away. I love EVERYTHING about this guitar, its very light so I can carry it around with minimal shoulder pain. I was looking the White and Ebony models as well as this one, and I thought that Vintage Sunburst suits me best.

I've only had this guitar for 2 hours, and I think that it can withstand live playing. All of the hardware is solid, and will not budge, same with the strap buttons. Personally, I would not use this without a backup. The finish would last a while, it seems pretty thick.

This is only my 2nd electric and to me, it is amazing. The factory setup is perfect, there was no need to change the action at all. The guitar had no flaws whatsoever.

This guitar has a single cutaway Les Paul style body, 22 frets, a wrap-around bridge, one open-coil humbucker in the bridge position, and one volume and one tone knob. The headstock is in the Standard Epiphone style and there is a black pickguard. This model has the Vintage Sunburst finish, which I love.