Les Paul Junior review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Junior

Purchased from: Amazon.com

I play punk, alternative, hard rock and sometimes metal. Especially, it is great in songs of bands like Green Day, Blink-182, Sum 41 and other punk and alternative bands. I use this with my Boston Amplifier. This guitar is great especially with a lot of distortion. It also not bad when you play it in clean.

Like I said, I play punk, alternative, hard rock and some metal but mostly punk and hard rock. I've been playing for only 1 1/2 year and I think I don't have much experience yet. If it were stolen or lost, I think I would buy a better Epiphone, like Les Paul Standards or SG's. What I like about this guitar is it is simple, with only one pick up, but it sounds great in almost every genre but of course, there are more tonal varieties if you have 2 pickups, 2 tone knobs, 2 volume knobs and a pickup selector switch just like a Les Paul Standard. I chose this guitar because it is simple but it has a great sound.

Personally, I think this guitar would withstand live playing but I would mind bringing a back up guitar just in case. The strap buttons are solid and replacing it with strap locks is not really necessary. Since I received this guitar, I only dropped it once and there is no scratch.

When I received this guitar, the action was too low but it is easy too adjust it. When it is too low, you will hear a buzz which is a only a minor problem and easy to fix. Besides from that, there is no other problem.

This guitar was made in Indonesia. It has 22 medium/jumbo frets and it has a single cutaway. It has a bolt on Mahogany neck and SlimTaper neck profile. The finish of my guitar is TV yellow but it is also available in black, cherry, blue, sunburst and white. It has a wraparound bridge. It only has one pickup. The Les Paul Junior is voiced by a powerful, noise-free, open-coil Epiphone 700T humbucker pickup in the bridge position. It has one volume and one tone knob.

xonty
    Love this guitar. Untitled039, I totally agree with you!! I bought the Zoom G1X as well and it makes it awesome
    knee_boarder
    Just been given a cherry red one as a present and I have to say, I'm really impressed with it especially for the price. It plays well (GAK definitely set it up nicely) and sounds good through a Marshal MG50 DFX. Very good quality finish too.
    rob.dotzler
    Looks like this model has seen some serious variances over the years. Mine was $100 from Musician's Friend, no buzz, stays in tune pretty well, a tweak every few days, that's it. Great finish (gloss ebony), good sound, gonna swap out the pots and cap though. Hate the cream pick up ring and jack cover. Should have at least matched the white stipes in the 3 layer pick guard and head cover, or vice versa. Those will all be black soon in any event. Don't like the exposed pick up either. Too much debris ends up in there. Still, it was $100 on sale, the same or less than people paid nearly ten years ago. So I don't mind dropping a few more bucks into it. It came well tuned and the action was good, being a novice when I got it, I took it in and they said they didn't feel it needed changing. This one was made in Indonesia, inspected in the US by 9. (Pretty sure they go by a different name in real life...) All in all, it doesn't suck for being my first guitar in 32 years.
    Mr E Meat