Les Paul Junior Billy Joe Armstrong Signature review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Epiphone: Les Paul Junior Billy Joe Armstrong Signature

The sound is full and crunchy, with a bit of crisp-good for playing some power chord rock/punk, like Green Day, Blink 182, Foo Fighters, Transplants etc. I find that the P-90 can buzz, but that isn't too much of a problem. It's mainly one sound you get-since there's not many features, but it's a great sound that isn't stale or weak. I use this as a practice/everyday guitar, that I can bang around with, along with a Roland MicroCube. They go well together, because the MicroCube has lots of features that make up for the lack of variety in the Epi.

I've always wanted a guitar to produce the simple power rock sounds, 'cause my Yamaha has too thin a sound. I love that this has the P-90 pu, 'cause the newer LP Junior models have replaced it with a cheaper model, so they can sell it for a lower price and therefore make more sales from beginners and bargain, finders. The new ones sell for just over 150$ CAN, while the older ones went for almost 300. If this were 300$, I wouldn't have gotten it, I would've saved up a bit more and gotten something a bit higher in ranks. I do recommend the newer mods though that are cheaper, they sound nice and are worth it. Overall, for the price I got it for, it was way worth it.

Everything seems solid/dependable, can probably withstand hard use.

When I got, the action and string height was already adjusted the way I like it, so not mant changes there. I got it used (a 5+ years), so there were knicks on the headstock, sides, and back (belt buckle), but they were all relatively minor. Nothing to negatively affect the sound, so I'm not complaining.

This is a cheaper replica of the 1956 Gibson LP Junior (one of Billie Joe Armstrong's main axes in "American Idiot") - very simple: 1 tone and volume, one P-90 pickup, 22 frets, wraparound bridge. I'm not sure where mine was made, doesn't say on the axe, though I've found that these gtrs. Are either made in Korea, Indonesia, or China, depending on which one you happen to get. It has a cutaway body, and small frets, which I like.