Les Paul Limited Edition Silver Sparkle review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Limited Edition Silver Sparkle

This guitar was exactly what I was looking for in sound and look for the band I'm playing with. I'm running it through m Line 6 Flex Tone III and I can get that great 70's Glam Rock to Punk sound I wanted. This thing will go from early Rock to Modern Rock no problem. Again P/U's will need to be changed.

This guitar has exceeded my expectations in all areas when I bought it it came down to this or the Gretsch Dou Jet Electromatic in Silver Sparckle. I chose the Epi because the finish was much better and it was on sale for 389.99 down from the original price of 999.99. My thought was to add TV Jones P/U's and a Bigsby but now I think I'm going to drop in the Slash Alnico II's and be done with it and use it as my main guitar.

This will be my number one guitar from here on out.Harware A+. Finish will last. Strap button's changed out for Dunlop's like on all my guitars. I have gigged with it already and it is a joy to play and look's great under the light's. Overall for a Korean built guitar exellent. I did call Gibson to find out the pedigree on this model and found that it is USA parts assembled in Korea so that's a plus.

Set up on this was great not a complaint to be had. Action was perfect set up for 10's just needed a slight tweak for the 11's I use. Being this is aCustom Shop Model quality is excelent. The finish is flawless and the hardware is top notch. Again P/u's aren't the best but new one's will do the trick.

This is the 2009 limited edition custom shop model. Made for Guitar Center. Made in Korea. It has a 50's neck profile. Mahogany body and neck. Rosewood finger board. Tune-O-Matic stop tail. And a Great all over silver sparkle finish. Grover sealed tunning pegs. Only draw back's the pick up's are a little weak and this is lighter then the late 90's model.

moose1512
    in my opinion looks like a preschool glue and glitter job, looks a tad "showy" which is fine if you like that style but i prefer my guitars to look more "mature" if thats the right word or serious.
    Weenie96
    Don't be hatin' on Les Pauls but yeah there are heaps of models of them as long as there all different in some way apart from looks im fine...
    ciadude2
    Dempsey68
    ciadude2 wrote: Oh look, another Les Paul. Because we don't have enough different models of that.
    amen to that