Les Paul Limited Edition Silver Sparkle Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 11/15/2010 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Epiphone: Les Paul Limited Edition Silver Sparkle
 8.5
 9.2
 7.8
 1,663
review (1) pictures (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Les Paul Limited Edition Silver Sparkle Reviewed by: ratpac34, on november 15, 2010

Features: This is the 2009 limited edition custom shop model. Made for Guitar Center. Made in Korea. It has a 50's neck profile. Mahogany body and neck. Rosewood finger board. Tune-O-Matic stop tail. And a Great all over silver sparkle finish. Grover sealed tunning pegs. Only draw back's the pick up's are a little weak and this is lighter then the late 90's model. // 8

Sound: This guitar was exactly what I was looking for in sound and look for the band I'm playing with. I'm running it through m Line 6 Flex Tone III and I can get that great 70's Glam Rock to Punk sound I wanted. This thing will go from early Rock to Modern Rock no problem. Again P/U's will need to be changed. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Set up on this was great not a complaint to be had. Action was perfect set up for 10's just needed a slight tweak for the 11's I use. Being this is aCustom Shop Model quality is excelent. The finish is flawless and the hardware is top notch. Again P/u's aren't the best but new one's will do the trick. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This will be my number one guitar from here on out.Harware A+. Finish will last. Strap button's changed out for Dunlop's like on all my guitars. I have gigged with it already and it is a joy to play and look's great under the light's. Overall for a Korean built guitar exellent. I did call Gibson to find out the pedigree on this model and found that it is USA parts assembled in Korea so that's a plus. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar has exceeded my expectations in all areas when I bought it it came down to this or the Gretsch Dou Jet Electromatic in Silver Sparckle. I chose the Epi because the finish was much better and it was on sale for 389.99 down from the original price of 999.99. My thought was to add TV Jones P/U's and a Bigsby but now I think I'm going to drop in the Slash Alnico II's and be done with it and use it as my main guitar. // 9

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ Les Paul Standard 8.6 Electric Guitars 01/25/2016
+ Les Paul Black Beauty 8.8 Electric Guitars 01/08/2016
+ Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom-7 8 Electric Guitars 11/18/2015
+ Ltd. Ed. Brendon Small "Thunderhorse" Explorer 7.2 Electric Guitars 10/28/2015
+ Goth 1958 Explorer 8.4 Electric Guitars 10/17/2015