Les Paul Nightfall review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Nightfall

Purchased from: guitar center

I play rock and metal and she works perfectly for both, all I have it running through is a Boss distortion pedal and its great, I've only owned a few guitars in my life and this one by far is the best sounding one I've had. The EMGs that come with it blow my mind, I play it off a Fender amp and it makes my friends jealous that I only paid $500 for something that can sound sooo good.

This guitar is a perfect match for anyone lookin to start playing metal. The Floyd Rose mixed with the passive EMGs are definitely my favorite parts about the guitar, and everything else about it is right up there with the pickups, honestly if your lookin for something to shred with but still keep the simple design of a Les Paul look no further cause the Epiphone Nightfall is here.

Durability wise this guitar is set, I've bumped into things and its hard to scratch, as far as realiability goes at first my Floyd Rose was a pain to tune, like everytime I'd drop the whammy bar it'd knock my G string outa tune, but I don't know like magic it just started keeping tune the other day and hasn't dropped since. Honestly I would suggest before buying this guitar learn how to use a Floyd Rose properly cause the pain I had to endure figuring it out is the only reason I'm not rating this guitar a perfect 10.

When I got the guitar from guitarcenter the action was ok, there werent any deffects to it and everything works great, I did some fine tuning with the action and its set perfect now, I've adjusted my pickups too. Everything was lined up properly. When I got my hands on it at the store the only thing I didn't like about it was its kinda heavy, but after you plug it in and play it the weight doesnt't even bug you anymore, I promise :)

I just wanna start off by saying I'm in love with Nightfall Les Paul. Its a 22 fret beauty with a nice neck, when your hand starts to sweat the sweat acts as a lube almost on your neck allowing for some sick sliding. It comes with a Floyd Rose and passive EMGs giving it a great sound.

MarkoakaNiggaK
    tntero
    Jsteele1408
    Oh wow, they actually put a locking nut on this one. Would have rather swapped the Passive EMGs with pretty much any other passive pickup in the world, though. For a middle-to-low range guitar, not too shabby, honestly. Though for the price you can do much better.
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    tntero wrote: MarkoakaNiggaK wrote: I looked for a good lp with a floyd and now i`ve found it...i think that this is one of the rare guitars that deserve a 10/10.... have you seen the kramer assault 220 fr? i prefer it lookwise, i have not yet taken some time to compare characteristics though
    this one has better pups, more tone controls , a split coil function and a kill-switch...so i'd say this is a better guitar and btw it's 100$ cheaper...
    Sam Wotrey
    bustapr wrote: I hate LPs with floyds. They just dont look as badass as theyre supposed to. There are also much better guitars out there at the price range.
    Jackson DXMG FTW.
    seemeel
    Biased reviewer wrote: I just wanna start off by saying I'm in love with Nightfall Les Paul.
    Ah, another quality UG review. That first sentence sets the tone nicely for this inaccurate, superficial, silly review. Sweat making the neck slippery is NOT a feature!
    Biased reviewer wrote: I've only owned a few guitars in my life and this one by far is the best sounding one I've had.
    You don't say. Honestly, play a proper Gibson LP Standard (which I personally rate at about 8.5/10) or an ESP Eclipse, and you'll see what a decent guitar feels like. Aside from looking like a monstrosity, this guitar is overpriced. Those EMGs are ghastly. Admittedly I've not played this guitar, but I reckon if I did, my score would be around 5-6/10.
    bustapr