Les Paul Prophecy EX review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Prophecy EX

Well, all I can say is the sound is AMAZING! It's as heavy, thick sounding as you need. You will need a good amp for this guitar as many will not be able to handle the combination of these super bad to the bone EMG Pickups. You can play any kind of hard rock, metal your heart desires with this guitar. It screams as needed and has great harmonics.

Metal, Heavy Rock, Classic Rock, AC/DC, Ozzy. It's perfect for what I like. I'd buy in a minute if lost, stolen or broken. I love the sound, the feel, playability and looks of this guitar. I think it's the best Epi Les Paul ever made. Only thing they could improve is adding second volume and tone dials.

Absolutely will withstand live playing. It's very heavy, much more so than a typical Epi Les Paul Standard. Hardware is very nice and I feel I can depend on it. I would buy this guitar now that I'm familiar with it in a heartbeat. Another posted said it was not heavy and felt weak. That is a flat out lie. This guitar is 9 lbs and feels very sturdy and strong. They also stated it was junk but I'd have to ask them to prove they even own one of these. It's a Awesome guitar and I've had many to compare it too.

Guitar was set up very well but, I got it in a trade from a player that has been in many bands so I can't say what the set-up was when new. It is however set up very well now and the binding, hardware, electronics are flawless. I give it a 9 because I have had to set-up most Epi's when new so I'm assuming this would be the same.

First, The guitar is stunningly beautiful. Some of the features include an Ebony fret board with Mahogany neck that is fast, slim tapered but still wide. It is super comfortable and easy to play. The guitar also has 24 easy to reach frets. The inlay's in the Ebony board are much different from your typical Epiphone Les Paul Standards and/or Customs. The binding is flawless and all hardware is blacked out. EMG 81/85 Active PickUp's complete what is probably one of the finest Epiphones of the last 5 years. I've had many including the 59 Les Paul Reissue with the Burstbuckers to many Standards and Customs. This guitar is it! It does not dissa-point. Feels better than most Gibsons I have played and the features/quality at it's price point are a Great value. One hella a deal.

MaggaraMarine
    druz15_UG wrote: I think in future before you are allowed to review instruments or amps you have to a) have played guitar for at least 2 years and b) have owned and regularly used the piece of equipment for AT LEAST 6 months. There is no way a 700 dollar Epiphone deserves a 9 and 3 10's even if it is good for a price thats like saying a Fender or Gibson standard with all 10's is only a little bit better, when really there is no comparison
    + 1000 But the rating is more based on what you expected and what you got. If you expected it to be worth a decent seven and then you notice: Hey this thing is really great, then it might be worth an eight or nine. You don't just compare this guitar with those much more expensive guitars. You have to compare it to the guitars in the same price range. And all 10 reviews are not helpful (neither are those bashing reviews). But yeah, you must have had the product for 6 months and played guitar for 2 years.