Les Paul Slash Signature review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Slash Signature

Price paid: C$ 550

Purchased from: pawn shop

I play rock and metal mostly and this guitar is awesome for it. I play through a Fender G-DEC 30, so I can change a lot of the guitar sound through the amp. The pickups are silent even through some of the most distorted amp setting's on that amp. It has that thick Les paul sound. This guitar has a very nice clean tone, but it was built to rock.

As I mentioned earlier I play rock/metal mostly, so this guitar suits that perfectly. I've been playing for nearly 2 years. I wished I had seen the neck twist, but its fixed now. If it were stolen, well it being a limited edition run, I doubt I could get another one. But I would try to track this one down. I love the finish on it, the dark red "cranberry " colour accented with the black chrome hardware. It was a purchase on site, and as said earlier No Regrets, even with the repair work I would recommend this guitar to anyone who is able to find one.

This guitar would definitely be able to withstand Live playing. The hardware will last, its lasted 13 years now.. with minimal wear. The strap buttons are solid, but i'm considering some strap-locks for future upgrades. it's a dependable guitar, I would use it in a gig, but would take a backup if the set list had mellower songs on it. The finish is incredible, the guitar doesn't come with a pick guard so theres been a few times where I've hit the wood with picks, no damage thus far.

I Got it used from a pawn shop, always a hit or miss with guitars. This one caught my eye and I had to get it, No regrets. The set up, well I can't really say what it was like due to a slight twist in the neck. However that being repaired, a fret dress and set up, it plays like a dream now. Again I got this guitar used, so it has its battle scars. But for being almost 13 years old at this point its in great condition, my only complaint is that the pickup selector is loose. Despite the fact it needed to be repaired i'm giving this guitar an 8 due to how it plays now.

This guitar was made from 1997-1999, mine being from 1997. It has 21 Frets, rosewood fretboard with trapezoid inlays. Mahogany back with flame maple top, In a "Cranberry" finish, with Slash's snake pit logo decal on it. The tuners, stop-bar, bridge are all black chrome, a nice touch which complements the dark red colour amazingly. This Les Paul comes with Alnico 2 pickups, 2 volume, 2 tone knobs and a 3 way selector. This guitar came with a hardshell case.