Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: East Coast Music, Danbury CT

I normally play Punk rock, classic rock like Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, etc and it suites all styles. I use a Peavy 112 65 watt transtube amp and Boss Mega Distortion pedal. It sounds amazing on both clean and the endless list of distortions that u can make on the pedal. I have no dislikes it perfect for a intermediate guitarist.

As I said I play all kinds of rock and it matches perfectly. I have been playing for 3 years and its the best electric I've owned. I also have a Squier Fender electric and a lotus electric Fender Strat copy. My acoustic is a guild and that is so sweet. I asked every question imaginable before buying it and I love it. I would buy it again if I lost it or something but I also think I would possibly upgrade either a Gibson Lp or a Gibson SG. I love the humbucker sound and the action. I compared it to mexican Fender strats and a Epiphone SG and it surpassed them both if you are to get either a Strat or a SG, go with Fender american and Gibson SG.

I definitely would play this at a gig, I'm bashed it into walls by accident and the finish has not chipped or anything, the hardware seems to last and the strap buttons are solid, but I suggest a strap lock if you plan really playing (ie headbanging while playing and doin the whole punk thing lol) I could definitely depend on it and would need a backup.

The Setup at the factory was ok. I still had fretbuzz but after a quick adjustment on the neck and bridge by my teacher it was fine. The pickups are fine as soon as you take it out of the box. The hardware is great and I have no complaints as of yet.

This Epiphone LP II is made in 2003. It was made somewhere overseas, unfortunately not in America, but still it is a great guitar. It is a 6 string and has one volume and one tone control knob, I wish it had two tone knobs but it's still fine. The pickups are humbuckers (standard on Gibson and epiohones) and the it has a 3 way selector, one for the bridge, one for the neck and one for both. It has 22 frets it has a maple neck and a stadard headstock. It is obviously the classic Les Paul style but instead of the normal curve top it has a flat top, it's sorta cross between and SG and a LP. The finish on mine is a red glossy, but you can also get it in Black/Sunburst and a Yellow/Orange Sunburst. It unfortunately didn't come with a gig bag or any accessories. But it's definitely worth the 210 dollars.