Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: music123.com

The Epiphone LP suits my musical style perfectly. I play lots of emocore and such and the crunchy LP sound works perfectly with it. But I also play classic rock and some punk which also works with this guitar. I only use a 20 watt amp which it also sounds good with, but I tried it with a 65 watt amp (can't remember which company it was from) and it sounded perfectly. The rich, powerful sound of the LP Special II will blow you away.

The Epiphone LP special 2 is definitely worth the money, it's the best one out there for the money (as someone already stated) of the other guitars I've tried (Fenders, Washburns, SG's), this is most definitely a fovorite of mine. I have been playing for about 3 years and I'm gonna have to say I'm a bit better than intermediate and the guitar is still suiting me. If I were to lose this guitar or it somehow got stolen, I would definitely but another one. I love the sound of this guitar and couldn't play without it.

I haven't yet played live, but I've seen quite few people perform live with it and it definitely did not let them down. I always recommend carrying a backup guitar no matter how good the guitar may be, but if I had to choose one guitar not to have a backup with, then I would definitely choose the Special II. My strap comes off often, but I wouldn't completely blame teh strapbuttons, I have a crappy strap. But they are smaller than I would expect so I would definitely get some strap locks, especially if you plan on jumping around and headbanging.

The setup in the factory was alright. The body was nice and unscratched, the tuning pegs werent loose or anything, but rhythm/treble selector was already a tad bit loose when I received it but at least it hasn't gotten any worse. But the controls were loose also when I received it and lets just say it hasn't gotten any better. But besides that everything seems to be working nicely.

I have a 2003 model assembled in the U.S, I believe. It has 22 frets with a rosewood fretboard with dot inlays. It has 2 knobs, one for volume and there's one for tone. There's a 3 way selector:one for the bridge, one for the neck, and one for each. The Vintage sunburst finish is unbelievable and yet to be scratched. The guitar works well for rhythm and lead guitar work.