Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: Imuso.com

I play mostly Indie, but I also play some nu-metal and punk. I think it sounds pretty good, but then I play it out a MG30FDX. But still it fits any music style I play. As there is only one tone control, I can't do much to the sound but saying that the tones do sound very different.

This deffinatly fits pretty much all types of rock and blues. I've been playing for just about a year, and I usually play rhythm but ocasionly lead. This is good for both. If this was lost, or stolen I would probably buy a epi Les Paul Standard or something a bit better than the special 2, but if ihad to choose a guitar under 300, I'd buy this anyday. I wish it had a whammy bar and maybe some more features. But overall this is the best guitar under 300 you'll find.

I would definatly play this live. It sounds as good as a Fender, if not better, and the best offer you'll ever get for a guitar. The hard ware seems as though it will last and I have no problems playing it. I can deffinatly depend on it. If I had to choose between my freinds Epiphone SG, my friends Strat or this, I would choose this. The only change I would make before going to a gig is the strap buttons. The finish would last, for at least 2-3 years before something really bad happens to it. And maybe, if I had to, I would play this without a back up. But then, this is my first electric and I don't have a back up.

The action is pretty good, no complaints and seemed to be set up in the factory very well. I've had to make now changes so far. I've read about the LP Special 2 and the most common complaint I've heard is that the strap buttons are always falling of. Well They ain't that bad. Not as good as my friend's SG the brige, nut etc. Are all fine nothing to complain about. It's got an elaminate fish which does leave alot of fingerprints but it isn't something really bad.

My LP was made in China, but I'm not sure when it was made. It has 22 frets with dot in lays. I got it in hertiage cherry. It has the customary LP single cut-away. There is only 1 tone and volume cotrol with 3 way selector. There are 2 humbuckers.