Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

Purchased from: ivars music

been playing for bout a year now, and I play mostly blues/rock, and ocasionally raggea, or country. It suits my style great. Always wanted a Les Paul, and this one is great. Pretty full sound. Maybe its my amp, but I find I hard to get a sharp tone on the lower registers. I use a Peavy Rage. It sounds pretty good distorted. On clean I can adjust between sharp rock tone, and rich bluesy tone just by twisting the tone knob.

I love this guitar, and I will probably have use of it for many more years. I have been playing for a year, and play this through a Peavy Rage. It sounds great, but a bit noisy. My favorite feature is a Les Paul. To me there is nothing missing. If it where lost or stolen, I might buy a more expensive Epiphone Les Paul or SG copy, or even a Gibson. But if I had little money I definitly would buy this guitar agein. It's an Epiphone.

I have never played a gig, but I think you could do it whith this guitar. Not whithout a backup though. Apart from a ocasional slip from the tuners, the hardware I perfect. The finish is prone to minor schratches, but otherwise great.

The action on this thing is great, even tho I get a bit of buzz on the two lowest strings (E and A) the bridges are perfect. I haven't adjusted anything about this guitar since I bought it, and it still sounds great. Black finish looks cool, but unfourtunatly it makes smudges and schratches very visible. No major dents. No dents at all actually. I've never actually dropped it, but I have banged the head a few times, and its still perfect. Finish on sides of fretboard is worn off a bit after bending.

I have no idea what year this guitar was made. What I do know is that it was made in Gabor in China, and a sticker on the back of the headstock says it was inspected by J. J. Les Paul body and stringing system. Two knobs: one volume, one tone. I haven't checked the materiels. Two humbuckers and a three way selecter. My first ever electric guitar. Had it for about a half year. Have not changed five of the strings for a half year. Looks cool in black. Falls a bit out of tone bout twice a week. The distance between the frets is a bit small in the upper parts, and I can comfertable play 18 of the 21 frets.