Les Paul Special II review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Special II

I usually play hard rock, and this guitar works very well. It seems to sound very good no matter what style I play tho, wether it be hard rock, classic rock, soft accoustic songs, solos, or whatever. I have a cheap little Squire Sidekick with overdrive, and a 15 watt Marshall with basic distortion, and a DigiTech Death Metal pedal. It sounds good using the pedal on eithr amp, or the Marshall's distortion, but the Squire's overdrive just sucks. Either amp sounds perfectly clear and sounds great when played clean.

This guitar works very well for my style, and any other. It plays very easy, and I can do anything I want with this guitar, except for use a wammy bar. I've been playing for just over a year and have a acoustic guitar as well, and have played many of my friends guitars, and I like this one the most. There is nothing really that I hate about the guitar, but it would be nice to have the higher model with more features. If it were stolen I would hunt down the person who did it and kill them. But if I couldnt find the prson, or my guitar got run over by a Mac truck somehow, I would definately by another Special 2 without hesitation. For the price, this is arguably the best guitar.

This guitar will definatly withstand live playing. I've used it a lot and never had any problems with it. I don't expect the finish to wear any time soon. The pickup prolly wont last too long seeing how its open, and dirt and other stuff seems to be magnatized to it. At a gig I would use a back up either way just in case a bolt of lightning from god strikes my guitar, but I would definatly keep the back up in the van.

Overall this guitar came in excellent condition. All the wood is good with no flaws and all the meatl and hardware is bran new with no problems. Everything was perfect and ready to go except for one thing. The action was too high, way off from the Epiphone suggested height, but it was very easy to set it to my likings.

First off, all Epiphone parts are made in China, but the guitars ar assembled and inspected here in the usa at the Gibson factory, so all Epiphones are basically Gibsons with a smaller price tag. My guitar is a 2004 junoir model. This has nothing to do with size, just features. My guitar came with one open coil humbucker and volume and tone controls. It has a gloss black finish with a protective clear coat on both the body and frets, like most other Epiphones.